• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Happened To Yellow?

GlennB

Reaction score

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How about flat black as a color? A little bit of Von Dutch style red and white pin-striping on front and a small pinstripe on the side.

That would be cool and appeal to some of the guys and gals that have a bit of an edge. Plus flat black is in right now.

I know that is very unrealistic, but would look cool as hell.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The latest Elio Blog post this evening does not have Yellow in the line up at the bottom of the page.
http://us6.campaign-archive1.com/?u=24b371802c83d81776b06aa68&id=69723d57cc&e=9d8a96a62c

I hope they come out with an Earth tone or copper color. I'm currently leaning toward the silver or white but will need to see them before I make a decision. I think I would grow tired of a 'cartoon' color.
--Glenn
I understand yellow was one of the original colors but it has not been on the list at least since I have known about the Elio and that is early January 2014. If you read the March EM Blogs you will find discussions of the reasons colors were chosen along with a month long March Madness color survey. Yellow fell off the chart fairly early in the game if I remember correctly. There are many posts discussing different ways of wrapping and dipping and other technologies I am not familiar with. If you use the forum search you will find those discussions. In the mean time, enjoy this exciting adventure and journey towards Elio production and ownership. :-) Z

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yellow is just an ugly color in general. It drives me crazy when someone paints a chevelle or nice car yellow over a nice red or mulsanne blue.

There wouldn't be enough interest for yellow imo.

That orange does look sharp though on the Elio.

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't believe yellow was ever an option, when I asked them if it would be I got a reply that it was the most asked about color but that they had no plans on using it....burns my butt...cause I want a yeller one...
I'm sick of RED as a color, so many of the classic restores I've seen over the years have been red...if I never saw another red car it wouldn't hurt my feeling. Just my own opinion,,,,my current choice of options available will be Orange, Green, White, Silver, Black in that order.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't believe yellow was ever an option, when I asked them if it would be I got a reply that it was the most asked about color but that they had no plans on using it....burns my butt...cause I want a yeller one...
I'm sick of RED as a color, so many of the classic restores I've seen over the years have been red...if I never saw another red car it wouldn't hurt my feeling. Just my own opinion,,,,my current choice of options available will be Orange, Green, White, Silver, Black in that order.
Maroon and White for me :)

Top Bottom