• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What You Can Buy Now And Have Arrive At Your Door.

Lone Browncoat

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Now true, you guys are not going to love their enclosed vehicles, just yet. You want cool, like the Elio, Solo or Arcimoto. They are working on new models but if you do have an 'M' endorsement on your licence {spelled the CDN way} you may be interested in their range of motor-bikes. Currently their enclosed units are for city use and have limited top speed, they are also working on a 27cc ICE case that can be hung opposite the controller, like a hard-bag, to juice the motors, eliminating range jitters, turning the bikes into hybrids, I don't know if they will apply it to the enclosed vehicles, but will also come with retro-fit kits for current customers. I've done a duck-duck-go and am researching firms that do all the paperwork and hassle of importing vehicles from USA to Canada. Its a tough choice for me, because there are deals to be had on second-hand Suzuki Bergman 650s up here, as well as other bikes. Still in the think'n stage about it.
https://www.zelectricvehicle.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/MegaDhz/videos
Not pushing you, read and make up your own minds.
G'day!

Last edited:

Lone Browncoat

Elio Fan
Reaction score
However, the LS-218 is still on a reservation basis, and bloody expensive. ZEV bikes and utility trikes are available NOW.
That was my point and the range extenders are already on the 1500 LB. capacity pickup trucks.
Just got an E-mail from the developer.
"
"The range extenders are already on the truck models. 1 ton trike with range extender photos attached. 260 miles range on a gallon with a 1/2 ton in the tests. The second generation range extenders are going into testing as soon as the weather breaks. They are smaller, extremely quiet. They will go onto the smaller trikes, and then we start with a unit on the LRC motor scooter.

The trike business is what is driving us. I simply make many vehicles, instead of spending a lot of promo money one less models, and let the market sort them out. Zero claims they will make 2,000 cycles this year while losing about $10 mill. In contrast we just took a contract for 6000 of one trike from one distributor for one model. And no red ink. So the trikes get the attention first. But the LRC will get the extender by the end of the year. Mostly because I want to put one on my LRC.

Thanks again
Darus"

ZEV truck with range extender .jpg
mmexport1536728850060.jpg
20181231_094903.jpg

Last edited:

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You know,,, when you think about it,,, all vehicles are niche vehicles. No one vehicle can do all things.
So,, pick your niche,, then find something to fit it.

Lone Browncoat

Elio Fan
Reaction score
On the other hand, if you're one of those families who insist on being a two-car{or more} family, you could do worse than a T3-5D, for the price, in the city or suburbs and keep the gas guzzler for leaving town. If you need 55mph speed, talk to them. Once I find out Transport Canada's and Ontario's regs on these trikes, my next pickup might be one of these with the extender. Just got to sit down and calculate my needs. Can I get away with a half ton? Do I really need a 1 ton or greater? The bed needs to be long enough to haul motorcycles {once in the 80s I miscalculated on a crew cab and the bikes had to go at an angle with the ramp gate up} snowmobiles, snow-throwers and other lawn equipment, besides that, the expensive trucks just sat in the driveway while the cars were a better and cheaper way to get around and out of town but the insurance on two vehicles was nuts!

Last edited:
Top Bottom