• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What's Your Theory?

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No new post for two days! I hate to see this forum die, using it keeps me off the streets so the dogs don't piddle on me.....

I have a theory as to why we are not seeing any progress on the Elio front. I think we would all agree the problem is financing. The Elio car is a good idea and the reservations show it will sell. So, why can't they get money for production. My theory is that, simply put, Paul doesn't what to give potential investors what they want. He wants to keep the lion's share and all the control of the company. So essentially it's not a good deal for the money men.

That's my theory, what's yours?

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your theory is mine as well. Just watching Shark Tank shows that investors (for any company) want much more stake than what it appears Paul is willing to give. I hope his pride doesn't become the downfall of this company.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I cannot see how they can go much longer without something changing. We met the E1C almost exactly a year ago, the engineering and touring teams were furloughed shortly after. So a year with no progress is pretty ugly. Will Stu keep floating them loans to stay alive another year without progress? Seems like a lot to ask.

There HAS to be more going on behind the scenes other than Paul meeting with VCs over and over and him turning THEM down. If that were the case you would think Stu would step in and say "Hey, buddy. Get real, take the money, make the Elio and we all get paid and you can swim in your pile of cash like Scrooge McDuck."

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think that anyone would want Paul to be in charge. He has never run a successful business, overpaid himself, and paid ESG eighteen million for substandard work that Rousch had to fix. He is a good money raiser, nothing else. Look what Kroll did for one tenth of the money.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No new post for two days! I hate to see this forum die, using it keeps me off the streets so the dogs don't piddle on me.....

I have a theory as to why we are not seeing any progress on the Elio front. I think we would all agree the problem is financing. The Elio car is a good idea and the reservations show it will sell. So, why can't they get money for production. My theory is that, simply put, Paul doesn't what to give potential investors what they want. He wants to keep the lion's share and all the control of the company. So essentially it's not a good deal for the money men.

That's my theory, what's yours?
The problem with asking for theories is that many remaining elioowner members think that "we should all agree" on what the problem is and if opinions/views vary "why are you here" responses pop up. I don't believe the problem is financing. It's evident to smart VC investors that EM didn't use the $16 Million of Reg A+ Funding secured from small individual investors for their stated purpose, "$12 Million needed and earmarked to complete and test the 25 E Builds, a process that will take 4-6 months." Also, no test drive vehicle after 9 years of "Hello Elio!" Marketing and no proven market acceptance beyond reservation numbers. Why would venture capital investors gamble at this point given the lack of R&D? EM is a highly sucessful marketing and fundraiser startup.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think that anyone would want Paul to be in charge. He has never run a successful business, overpaid himself, and paid ESG eighteen million for substandard work that Rousch had to fix. He is a good money raiser, nothing else. Look what Kroll did for one tenth of the money.
Arcimoto made some amazing progress on their made in the USA FUV with efficient use of limited PRIVATE funds for R&D to production as well!
IMG_9546.jpg

Last edited:

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really want to believe, in my heart, this vehicle can happen, but my brain is telling me this ship is soon to sail off into never never land. I had the pleasure of sitting in P5 and was so thrilled to think it was sooo very close to happening.

Bottom line this has been sold as being "off the shelf" components and soon to be in production. As time has gone by, I think there are fewer and fewer "off the shelf" components being utilized and there is a lot more unique pieces having to be made. The concept is (was) so easy to grasp, what could happen to hold it back? A year or two to refine the product, ok, that would be good. But so many years have gone by, it borders on the ridiculous.

Hitting a home run on the 1st at bat is a lofty goal, but after all this time, I believe a nice solid base hit or double to get the product out amongst the driving public would have done wonders. Then you make the incremental improvements yearly to make it outstanding.

But then again, if it were so easy, I would have done it! Ha ha.

Until it shows up, I will continue enjoying my Chevy Volt. If the opportunity presents itself, I will still be more than happy to pick up my Elio in Shreveport!

Geaux Elio!!!

Top Bottom