• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wheels & Tires

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I heard elios are going to come with cooper tires but did not see this on there website under there vendors? Anyone else hear this i love coopers i abused four sets of them mainly on dirt three sets on diesels driving to rigs and hunting on dirt and never had a flat! I love them!
They are on the suppliers web page. Second row, second from the left.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
P4 has 14" tires, P5 will have 15" tires, unsure as to width etc.
I have heard the same and have also heard the rear tire will be a different size from the front ones. I believe they meant width different but I'm not sure. I don't know where on earth you reside so I can't suggest a location where the Elio will be visiting over the next months. However, there is a list on the first thread of the Events forum. I update it as the information is posted on EM website. I hope you enjoy your time on the forum. We have a very diverse group of people who have one thing in common - their love of Elio. Enjoy the forum. I hope you find enough information to keep busy and entertained. :-) Z

vtx04

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the front tires will be motorcycle tires, made specifically for the Elio. That seems like a bad idea. First, motorcycle tires do not have the tread life of a car tire, and second, if we have to buy a proprietary tire for the front, doesn't that fly in the face of off-the-shelf parts philosophy? Motorcycle tires are designed to keep traction when you're leaning...the Elio will not lean, thus no need for cycle tires. Cycle tires will not last as long as a car tire. Seems a car tire in a readily-available size would perform just fine, but might cost a couple of mpg. Any feedback from our learned members?

Top Bottom