• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where's The Beef?

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A couple of months ago at a new conference Paul said he would be releasing some new info about now. Has anyone heard anything new from him or Elio? I don't know about all of you, but I'm tired of being totally in the dark. What are they doing with that $2.5 mil they got a while back. Where are the prototypes they were going to build? I'm sick of the "we can't talk about it" bs. What the hell is happening? :mad2:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A couple of months ago at a new conference Paul said he would be releasing some new info about now. Has anyone heard anything new from him or Elio? I don't know about all of you, but I'm tired of being totally in the dark. What are they doing with that $2.5 mil they got a while back. Where are the prototypes they were going to build? I'm sick of the "we can't talk about it" bs. What the hell is happening? :mad2:
Easy, easy, the pattern of news sharing took a very steep decline a few years back (when they were not able to meet their own announced deadlines,) coupled with the "gag order" that is required by the stock offering.

If it makes you feel any better, there are many fans here who have come to "expect and accept these limitations."

You really don't expect to be relieved of your fear of the dark- just step outside, take a breath, and review what's really important to you.

Besides there would be little for this board to post with the absence of news. I haven't gotten over that there will be no (that color I cannot utter)- rhymes with mellow... will not be offered.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Easy, easy, the pattern of news sharing took a very steep decline a few years back (when they were not able to meet their own announced deadlines,) coupled with the "gag order" that is required by the stock offering.

If it makes you feel any better, there are many fans here who have come to "expect and accept these limitations."

You really don't expect to be relieved of your fear of the dark- just step outside, take a breath, and review what's really important to you.

Besides there would be little for this board to post with the absence of news. I haven't gotten over that there will be no (that color I cannot utter)- rhymes with mellow... will not be offered.
I was curious about yellow vehicles so I did some digging.

These next 4 statements about color came from KBB:

Top 10 popular colors for SUV/Minivans/Light Trucks make up 93.8% of sales (# 10 is gold with 1.8% of sales). Yellow would be less than 1.8% of sales.

Top 10 popular colors for luxury cars make up 98.4% of sales (#10 is actually light brown with 1.7% of sales). Yellow would be less than 1.7% of sales.

The top 10 most popular colors for sedans, wagons and hatchbacks made up 97% of sales (#10 is dark red @ 2.6%) Yellow would be less than 2.6% of sales.

The 10 most popular colors for convertibles and coupes made up 90% of sales (#10 is dark red again @ 2.6%) Yellow would be less than 2.6% of sales.

Averaging those categories, Yellow would be in a group of colors that make up no more than 2.175% of sales.

I can't see Elio chasing after that 2% number when there are plenty of more popular colors out there.

Here's a fun chart that has different info but same outcome.

https://www.carprousa.com/these-are-the-most-popular-car-colors-and-whats-next

*********I still hope you can get your color of choice whether that's through paint or an inexpensive wrap though. You've been waiting for this long enough already, they should throw you a bone.***********

these-are-the-most-popular-car-colors-and-whats-next

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was curious about yellow vehicles so I did some digging.

These next 4 statements about color came from KBB:

Top 10 popular colors for SUV/Minivans/Light Trucks make up 93.8% of sales (# 10 is gold with 1.8% of sales). Yellow would be less than 1.8% of sales.

Top 10 popular colors for luxury cars make up 98.4% of sales (#10 is actually light brown with 1.7% of sales). Yellow would be less than 1.7% of sales.

The top 10 most popular colors for sedans, wagons and hatchbacks made up 97% of sales (#10 is dark red @ 2.6%) Yellow would be less than 2.6% of sales.

The 10 most popular colors for convertibles and coupes made up 90% of sales (#10 is dark red again @ 2.6%) Yellow would be less than 2.6% of sales.

Averaging those categories, Yellow would be in a group of colors that make up no more than 2.175% of sales.

I can't see Elio chasing after that 2% number when there are plenty of more popular colors out there.

Here's a fun chart that has different info but same outcome.

https://www.carprousa.com/these-are-the-most-popular-car-colors-and-whats-next

*********I still hope you can get your color of choice whether that's through paint or an inexpensive wrap though. You've been waiting for this long enough already, they should throw you a bone.***********

these-are-the-most-popular-car-colors-and-whats-next

Great chart. Interesting indeed. I don't get the fascination with solid white vehicles. They just look so plain to me and show dirt so easily. Obviously, I am in the minority because they are very popular.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great chart. Interesting indeed. I don't get the fascination with solid white vehicles. They just look so plain to me and show dirt so easily. Obviously, I am in the minority because they are very popular.
Fleet vehicles skew the numbers some, but just stand by any road and notice the colors. most are white and silver.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would recommend anyone (the OP) to move on with their life car wise. If they have a great vehicle, great, if not, then buy one if able. Then if the Elio does come out, you can sell, trade, buy, etc at that time.

At this point, IHO, I would not put your life on hold waiting for it. Life is short and you may be waiting with your junker till the very end of your time.

DailyLunatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score

True or not, White/Silver are said to reflect heat better. Being from the South this is important to myself and many of my brothers and sisters.

-sterling

Top Bottom