• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Who Has Heard Anything About Buying Directly From Albuquerque And If So, Where?

overseasgent

Reaction score
I can not wait for this to become a reality. I love pretty much everything about it, though, I do not like there's no back window, and if there was an option, I can see me going for it.

A convertible option would be cool, but has anybody actually seen one in person?

champsman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can not wait for this to become a reality. I love pretty much everything about it, though, I do not like there's no back window, and if there was an option, I can see me going for it.

A convertible option would be cool, but has anybody actually seen one in person?

There has only been an artists conception of a convertable, but a custom car shop probably could make one as Elio does not offer one
yet

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

One what? Many of us have seen the Elio in person but there is no convertible. Hi and welcome from Oregon, overseasagent. This site is a huge warehouse of information including many first hand reports from seeing the Elio. Did you not see it when it was at the Balloon Fiesta? The Elio tour group was there 2 weekends ago and also last year at the Fiesta. I hope you enjoy this exciting adventure as we move toward Elio production and ownership. :-) Z

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Welcome overseasgent,

For Elio to have a 5 star crash rating, and for someone to be able to drive one here in Oregon, without a motorcycle license or helmet, the Elio must have a enclosed roll/crash cage with Automobile controls... etc... etc...

That is how Elio Motors Autocycle is listed in many different States... Got to have the enclosed crash cage to pass...

No need for a back window, even if you had one put in, you could not look back at it for anyway... don't believe it is even a option...

Would you want a window in you trunk? so anyone could see... what's inside your trunk??

You can get the back up camera as a option, There are no real blind spots, because of slim design and they will be putting bigger mirrors on P5, and a little more room in the back seat, which should be for the production model...

You can get a Sun roof or Moon roof if you want one, Paul Elio stated it would be a option... But No convertible... hard on the A/C...

If you remake it, to a convertible you would lose the 5 star rating, and you would need a motorcycle license and a motorcycle helmet to drive it...

At least here in Oregon...

If you want the Wind and Bugs in your face... put the window down... stick your head out...

Proud to Be an Elio owner #2225 see ya on the road...

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have owned a number of hatchbacks and station wagons over the years and suburban assault vehicles seem to be a popular category as well. All of them share the fact you can see inside the entire vehicle. A folding soft top like my wife's 500C would be cool at some point.

But back to purchase point point. Yes there is a store scheduled for Albuquerque NM but it remains to be built along with our vehicles. http://www.eliomotors.com/

Last edited:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Oversergeant, welcome to the forum. I first saw the Elio P3 at the 2013 Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque, sat in it and went home and made my reservation. Due to friends visiting from Italy I was not able to go to the Balloon Fiesta this year to see the P4. Others have commented about the rear window so I will let you decide how important it would be for you. I'm certain the After Market suppliers will be offering one. No window isn't much different from my Dodge Grand Caravan with people in the rear seat you can't see out anyway. We try to keep the forum informative and entertaining and I encourage you to scroll though the forum threads and review those that appeal to you. There is much to learn about this historic vehicle.

To answer comments about the Albuquerque Distribution Center. I don't believe they will even start on it until first year production is well underway and the reserved Elio's have been delivered.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver

Welcome to the forum, OSG! There are some things about this vehicle that require us to take a step back and think for a moment. One door, two seats, three wheels.

Among these is the absence of the rear window and the rearview mirror. The side-view mirrors will provide enough vision of things behind the vehicle. By the time you lean around the headrest of the driver seat to see behind you, you're looking out the window, since the cabin is one-person wide. No real need for a back window.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Ah, I'm understanding your title of the thread now. The simple answer: the first year of production will be used to provide vehicles to reservation-holders. Our guess is that the stores will be up and functional during the 2nd year of production. One educated guess on that is Sept 2016. So a person will not be able to "go out and buy one" for many months. Production is targeted to start next Sept, 2015.

Top Bottom