• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why Do Most Start Up Companies Fail?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Memphis has a long history of famous entrepreneurs possibly starting with Clarence Sauders, founder of the first supermarket. Kemmons Wilson and Wallace C Johnson founders of Holiday Inns. Fred Smith, Fedex. My neighbor's only claim to fame was as a banker in 1974 he traveled to the Little Rock Airport and chained down and repossessed a Cessna 172 belonging to Fred Smith. Kemmons Wilson was reputed to have owed money to everyone in Memphis and no one could find him. LOL All had skin of your teeth stories of staying funded. Fred's boom or bust story tops them all in my opinion;
Three years in rising fuel cost and Fedex was down to it's last $5000. General Dynamics had just denied more funding and instead of going back to Memphis he took his $5000 to Las Vegas black jack tables. That Monday rolled around and there was $32000 in his account allowing for a little more than a weeks fuel giving him time to find 11 million funding from somewhere else and the rest is history.
I'm sitting at a Vegas blackjack table as we speak......wait a minute..........is that Paul Elio I see at the next Table? Nope! Whew! Thankfully, he must be back home working on his business plan to fuel the Elio.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm sitting at a Vegas blackjack table as we speak......wait a minute..........is that Paul Elio I see at the next Table? Nope! Whew! Thankfully, he must be back home working on his business plan to fuel the Elio.
None of those tables for Paul. I'm thinking there is a threshold this Elio will hit then it is stratospheric from there. Who wants to be the first to group a rally at Route 66 out of St Louis. LOL P.S. does anyone here know what a rally really is in the auto world?

P.P.s. your funny.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A typical TSD rally offers entrants the chance to compete over public roads while maintaining a set average speed - below the posted limits- are judged on accuracy of their arrival after a staggered start. It's all about time-speed-distance, and navigators are responsible for reading the course map, giving directions, and keeping the driver on the target pace.

I was a navigator for a team in college and probably burned out a good number of brain cells in the process. Drivers require a lead foot - 'gators require a MIND. :)

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
None of those tables for Paul. I'm thinking there is a threshold this Elio will hit then it is stratospheric from there. Who wants to be the first to group a rally at Route 66 out of St Louis. LOL P.S. does anyone here know what a rally really is in the auto world?

P.P.s. your funny.
Oh we do rally's, though I spent a few nights of my last one in an all expenses paid room courtesy of the Louisiana State Police. . . :(

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A typical TSD rally offers entrants the chance to compete over public roads while maintaining a set average speed - below the posted limits- are judged on accuracy of their arrival after a staggered start. It's all about time-speed-distance, and navigators are responsible for reading the course map, giving directions, and keeping the driver on the target pace.

I was a navigator for a team in college and probably burned out a good number of brain cells in the process. Drivers require a lead foot - 'gators require a MIND. :)
A rally sounds too stressful for most who hang here. Maybe If I could qualify for a handicap allowing for bathroom visits. 2.ooohhh should have gotten a handicap for that too. There are some who hang here who would get sooooooooo lost. LOL

Top Bottom