• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wi Checking In...

Ryan

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm Ryan from Sun Prairie, WI (suburb of Madison). Just joined today, been lurking since I went all-in for $100 a week ago. I work as a mechanical designer for a local product development firm, which is the most awesome job in the world for me! I'm really enjoying watching the Elio be developed since that's not normally an open process. I'm happy to offer what expertise I have on technical things; see my thread on power to weight ratios in the main discussion forum. :cool:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Ryan, I will go ahead and welcome you again to this fun Elio forum! :D

I really do hope you have a great time on this forum as we have a really diverse group of folks here from all over the country and they enjoy discussing everything there is to know about this fun little vehicle we are all interested in.

The Elio development process really is fun to watch as, like you stated, most vehicle development happens completely behind closed doors and we only see the end result. Working for a product development firm you likely have some unique insights into this process you will hopefully be able to share with us.

If you do happen to have any issues on this forum please do not hesitate to contact a staff member as we are here to help. :)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm Ryan from Sun Prairie, WI (suburb of Madison). Just joined today, been lurking since I went all-in for $100 a week ago. I work as a mechanical designer for a local product development firm, which is the most awesome job in the world for me! I'm really enjoying watching the Elio be developed since that's not normally an open process. I'm happy to offer what expertise I have on technical things; see my thread on power to weight ratios in the main discussion forum. :cool:
Hi Ryan, and welcome from southern Oregon. Goofyone has already told you about our great group and I was intrigued about your input. However, it was all Greek to me. Sigh! I will have to take the impressions of all these young men around me that the information you gave was very valuable and interesting. Enjoy this delightful journey to Elio ownership. Next year in our Elios! LOL :-) Z

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ryan, welcome to the world of Elio fanatics and fans and to this forum. There is an amazing amount of information and hopefully your experience will provide additional information for us as time goes by. There are plenty of great people on the forum with questions and as many with answers. Here you will find information, misinformation, friends and entertainment.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Ryan. Great forum here, lots of knowledgeable people from many walks of life. Lots of answers and probably more questions.

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome from TN Ryan. Glad you can contribute. I'm lucky just to be here with my ten words a minute typing. We are all looking forward to having an Elio.

kkitzhaber

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Ryan, Greetings from La Crosse, WI, #3184. I've been keeping up on Elio, and particularly interested in the electrical and electronic parts of the system. I worked as an Electrical Engineer in Madison, WI, until 2002. I've asked questions about the OBD-II port, Bluetooth, ABS, accelerator-by-wire, cruise control, etc. - Keith.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and legion of Elio fans. Hopefully, you will find the forum useful, informative, and entertaining. There are many knowledgeable members with expertise in all kinds of areas, others with opinions, and many with questions. The people are friendly and you will get many hours of entertainment from the site. It will help answer many of your questions and even question you never thought about. You will get out of it what you put into it and it helps pass the time until our Elio's go into production

Top Bottom