• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Will Insurance Wash Out The Gas Savings?

Gizmo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The full coverage on my truck would go down due to less annual mileage. If the E is classified as a motorcycle then most insurance companies only provide liability coverage (per my past motorcycles). I expect the E to be my main commuter for 3 seasons and part of the 4th so it will be handling 80-90 percent of the annual mileage.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Replacing my F-350 as a daily commuter on a 50 mile round trip will save enough money to make the Elio free. Not only that but it will also prevent the associated maintenance costs on said F-350. There are $120 oil changes ($80 if I do it myself), occasional additions of DEF to the truck, wear and tear, tires, etc. that the Elio will ALSO save me. $500 in insurance a year (it won't be anything close to that) is paid for by saving a couple oil changes and DEF every couple thousand miles.

The Elio is a simple decision for my commute. Now, if my driveway didn't suck seven ways to Sunday... I'll have to find a place to semi-store my truck. Maybe I'll leave it on base and bring it home for the weekends when I'm more likely to need it.

Top Bottom