• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Will The Elio Be On Fast N Loud?

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So what tv show is going to be the first to grab an Elio and carve it up to hot rod it? There are several out there like: fast n loud; counting cars and overhaulin just to name a few. I think it would be pretty cool for an Elio to be the guest of honor on one someday.

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So what tv show is going to be the first to grab an Elio and carve it up to hot rod it? There are several out there like: fast n loud; counting cars and overhaulin just to name a few. I think it would be pretty cool for an Elio to be the guest of honor on one someday.

Well they wont make it a hot rod but I'm hoping Elio get's a mention on the Big Bang Theory since they always have a skit on comic-con.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Counting cars to me is the only one that will do a car close to right. Fast and Loud, well I think their name says it all.
I have to concur, the Count would be the man for the job. Not only will he make sure it gets the treatment to bring out Elio's inner beast but he'll make sure the geometry won't be changed so much as to be dangerous. The horsepower he adds will do that! I take that back, the knucklehead behind the wheel of the finished product will do that!

Charles Stanley

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I was thinking about something like this the other day. I'd like to see the Elio featured reviewed on Top Gear. But not by the guys hosting it now. I will always think of Top Gear as being done right when Jeremy Clarkson, John Hammond, And James May were the hosts. I could see them doing a great road test and review of the Elio. And they would likely do it with both professionalism, and a bit of humor as they often do. That said, even if Elio was not on Top Gear, they need to get the guys I mentioned back. top Gear is just not worth watching when they are not the hosts. At least in my opinion.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the first professional TV/Video will be just a test drive, consumer report, or even a slalom test. But as far as a cut-up, most likely an individual or custom shop will put out a non-professional you-tube video first.
But as far as a mod by TV professionals? If the Elio is out just six months, even the Myth-Busters could get skin in the game.

But as said previously, Top Gear or any main stream program would be the bomb. A Discovery or History channel special would be super!
I suggested this to a friend of mine who got involved with a media-news contractor. i.e now would be the time for a reality show to be collecting video featuring the Elio effort.
Heck if EM would give one of those new prototypes to filmmakers or TV series producers it could be pretty cool.

Although, if starting right now, the timing of any those professional media outlets is already too late to help promote 2015-2016 pre-sales.

The only fast-track I can see, that would promote Elio inside this current time-frame is to side-track a few EM parts now from the crash-test mules, and use them to do a you-tube video.

Last edited:

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Need ........Dennis Cage to test drive the Elio.
clear.png
[Broken External Image]

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Need ........Dennis Cage to test drive the Elio.
clear.png
Well, radio could be faster, maybe something from the Click-and-Clack brothers (Car talk).. :)

You could send a question or to right now to them at MPR, maybe that would be interesting.

I do concede, Counting Cars investigation of the P4 would be huge, and timely.

So I went straight to contact at http://www.history.com/support
and suggested it. Probably the wrong address for that, but at least I tried.
If 1000 of us did that, maybe something would happen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom