• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Winter Solstice

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
finally, the days are going to start getting longer once again .. :D .. Winter officially begins with the Winter Solstice on Thursday, December 21, 2017. This is the astronomical first day of winter in the Northern Hemisphere..... The winter solstice is the day with the fewest hours of sunlight in the whole year.

https://www.almanac.com/content/first-day-winter-winter-solstice

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I already feel better, and at the same time worse. The days are getting longer, but the cold is just getting started. I always have an uneasy feeling till after March 13. Remember Snow storm of 1993?

Reaction score
Happy Yule Everybody. This is my second favorite holiday. I picked up my 7 year old Grandson after school and took him to the mall. He has that autism and sometimes has behavior problems but we had a great time. We rode the escalator in the Macy store like ten times, got our pictures taken with Santa, who THANKFULLY had a real beard and was very nice. Tike got a free coloring book, which he loves. Ate expensive pretzels and rode a train. Took a dozen Dunkin donuts and hamburgers home to Mommy. Yes, we both had a wonderful time. This morning I woke up with anticipation to make sure the sun indeed returns this morning. Yea, I know it will but still woke up to make sure. Happy Yule. Ground Hog is coming.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Happy Yule Everybody. This is my second favorite holiday. I picked up my 7 year old Grandson after school and took him to the mall. He has that autism and sometimes has behavior problems but we had a great time. We rode the escalator in the Macy store like ten times, got our pictures taken with Santa, who THANKFULLY had a real beard and was very nice. Tike got a free coloring book, which he loves. Ate expensive pretzels and rode a train. Took a dozen Dunkin donuts and hamburgers home to Mommy. Yes, we both had a wonderful time. This morning I woke up with anticipation to make sure the sun indeed returns this morning. Yea, I know it will but still woke up to make sure. Happy Yule. Ground Hog is coming.
Tike obviously has a fun Grandma. He either is or will be very appreciative as he grows older. Even at 70 I have fond memories of my Grandma having spent many overnight weekends with her as a punk kid. She taught me the joys of baking and gardening. Doesn't get any better than that!

Last edited:

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
85A62A35-BDB1-4AEA-A00B-0751A713196A.png
View attachment 22301 View attachment 22301 I was just reminded of a post that I made a year ago on Facebook. I still feel the same, only that now I have doubts that Elio will be in my lifetime or yours!

Top Bottom