• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Words Of Encouragement?

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From Crowdfundinsider on May 9th, 2017:

"The kicker here is that Stuart Lichter is a significant shareholder in Elio Motors. He is also a director of the company and recently invested additional capital of approximately $514,000 in Elio Motors to help the company stay afloat."

I agree the news looks fairly bleak, but then I ask myself why this successful real estate investor would keep putting money into Elio if he didn't think there was a chance they would get production going. He obviously has a vested interest in seeing Elio succeed, but it seems to me he would have cut his losses already if Elio was doomed.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From Crowdfundinsider on May 9th, 2017:

"The kicker here is that Stuart Lichter is a significant shareholder in Elio Motors. He is also a director of the company and recently invested additional capital of approximately $514,000 in Elio Motors to help the company stay afloat."

I agree the news looks fairly bleak, but then I ask myself why this successful real estate investor would keep putting money into Elio if he didn't think there was a chance they would get production going. He obviously has a vested interest in seeing Elio succeed, but it seems to me he would have cut his losses already if Elio was doomed.

I would look into the The Sunk Cost Fallacy. They warned us in accounting not to make decisions based on how much money you already invested, but in reality I'm sure that's very hard not to take in account.

casedad

Elio Fan
Reaction score
The optimistic thing I see is that they are still in existence. The very fact that they have not thrown in the towel is an indication that there is at least SOME light at the end of the tunnel. As Crowdfundinsider said, the people who are at the head of this would not continue to throw their own personal good money at ANY project that was dead meat.
I think, we just have to wait and see. If a body is a true gambler, maybe buy some more stock. It will help fund keeping it alive awhile, until they ultimately get the $350,000,000 loan (I hope). If it would succeed, it might be a great ROI. But, know you might lose it ALL. I have purchased more stock than I promised before stock was issued, but it is now so cheap, maybe I buy a tiny more.....not sure. Risky

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The optimistic thing I see is that they are still in existence.

The problem is as an outsider we have no idea to what extent Elio Motors is still in existence. For all we know it is down to Paul himself making phone calls and writing bi-weekly blogs with old info. I *hope* it is the full executive team working with a team of lawyers hammering out funding details, but we have absolutely no idea :(

Anxiously awaiting additional signs of life. So tempted to pick up more stock. Buying a new house helps me resist that temptation, but it is very tantalizing!

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To be honest, I am surprised ElioMotors has not already secured production funding.
500 million, roundoff, is not a lot of cash for something like ElioMotors to start up.
Most of the work is done. Laws, Engineering, Supply Chains, Buildings.
I really like Paul, he is no dummy, but maybe Elio needs to get a brilliant fundraiser to find the private money.
Speaking Mandarin would not hurt either.
Or maybe Italian.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-volkswagen-ducati-sale-idUSKBN1AE0LX

Last edited:
Top Bottom