• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Working On Your Own Car Illegal

Is anyone following the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) in regards to the auto industry?.

• Yes

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters

John T. Chaney

Reaction score
I would love to know where Elio Motors stands on this, Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). More reason to resign my love for Ford. The list of supporters.

General Motors Company
BMW Group
FCA US LLC
Ford Motor Company
Jaguar Land Rover
Mazda
Mercedes-Benz USA
Mitsubishi Motors
Porsche
Toyota
Volkswagen Group of America
Volvo Cars North America

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, John. First I've heard of this. I'll have to check it out before I throw in my 'two-cents', but I don't like the sound of it already.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
never heard of it, have no clue what it covers as it relates to making working on your own vehicle illegal

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would love to know where Elio Motors stands on this, Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). More reason to resign my love for Ford. The list of supporters.

General Motors Company
BMW Group
FCA US LLC
Ford Motor Company
Jaguar Land Rover
Mazda
Mercedes-Benz USA
Mitsubishi Motors
Porsche
Toyota
Volkswagen Group of America
Volvo Cars North America

Did a Wiki on DMCA, but couldn't find anything related to your question. Got a link to the info that worries you about it?

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you can't work on your own vehicle, work on your friend's instead, and vice versa.

Many years ago an RAF colleague of mine was accused of breaking Queen's Regulations in that some alcohol was found in his room. QRs prohibited officers from keeping their own alcohol in their room. The charge was dismissed because another officer said it was his and my colleague was simply looking after it for him.

Top Bottom