• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Worst Friday Blog Ever !!!

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fun and Interesting Elio Questions
February 17, 2017

Happy Friday Elio’ers! Football season may be over, but that doesn’t mean there are a shortage of fun ways to spend your time. The NBA and NHL are both in the thick of their seasons, March Madness is just around the corner, and before you know it MLB’s spring training will be in full swing. Of course, you can also look forward to the Academy Awards next weekend, which means you have about 10 days to binge watch as many Best Picture nominees as you can. Even if the Oscars isn’t your bag, you have to admit that the creativity it celebrates is worthwhile.

[Broken External Image]

Speaking of creativity, we’ve talked in the past about the thousands upon thousands of questions we have received across our many communication channels. Many of these questions are pretty common, but every now and then we’ll get a question that we get a kick out of. We have to wonder, are they pulling our leg or are they serious? Since it’s Friday, the most fun day of the work week, let’s take a look at some of the fun and interesting questions that have come in. And, because why not, we’ll even answer them!

Q: To avoid wearing a helmet while driving the Elio, why not just register the Elio as a helmet?

A: You have to admit, this is thinking out of the box. Luckily, our governmental affairs team has made a ton of progress on the legislative front. Here is a map of helmet requirements:

[Broken External Image]

Only one state, West Virginia, would require wearing a helmet over 21 years old in the Elio and we are working to change that. Our team has made an incredible amount of progress, all without trying to register the Elio as a helmet!
This next question comes in two different forms

Q: My wife and I have been married for 35 years- will I get a break from chitchat when we drive the Elio?

Or

Q: My husband and I are newlyweds- will we be able to talk in the Elio?

A: We have good news for both situations! The Elio comes with an AM/FM radio when you need a break from the conversation. Alternatively, the cabin of the Elio quiet enough that you’ll be able to carry on a conversation while you and your sweetheart are cruising down the road. Win-win!

Q: If you put wings on the sides of the Elio would it fly?

A: For now, our focus is on getting the Elio on the road, but you will be able to fly past traffic in the HOV lane.

Q: This is perfect for me as a contractor, can I put 4 pieces of 4’ x 8’ plywood and 6 or so 2×4’s in the back?

A: This question came from a “glass half full” kind of guy. The beauty of the Elio is that it’s affordable enough to buy for commuting AND let you keep the vehicle you use to haul your plywood or tow your boat. And, no, the Elio is not built to carry the same thing as a full size pick-up…

Elio Preview Tour:

Off

Thanks for the fun questions and have a marvelous weekend!

Top Bottom