• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Would you order without a guaranteed price ?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
With the way inflation has caused the price of raw materials to sky rocket, RV manufacturers have been raising prices monthly. We have a friend who ordered a new DRV ===> http://www.drvsuites.com/ in mid March and said he learned through talking to his dealer that any order after June 2 is not price protected from price increases. You agree to a price when you order, but you also now have to agree to accept any increases by DRV until your coach goes into production. DRV says most units go into production in 60 days, but his hasn't started yet due to backlogs. He's protected against increases because of his order date. If he wasn't, he would have at least a 20% price increase. DRV isn't the only manufacturer doing this, he's seen recent videos of of other dealers saying the same thing.

So, would you order a new coach if you didn't have a finalized price?

Reaction score
I wouldn't order anything these days, let alone something like this. But, that is what we are celebrating this weekend for. Independence Day. Everybody has the Freedom to make their own choices. Your friend knows the possibilities of the price increase and is willing to accept it, so be it. I wouldn't. Happy Independence Day My Friends. Please fly your flag. It's been paid for.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
So, would you order a new coach if you didn't have a finalized price?
Hell no, well if price was no object, sure, but who has that kind of money? Yea yea, Bill Gates, and that class of people but I think they would even have a point of "if this much, forget it" They didn't get rich from being dumb. So I doubt there are many that say any price is fine. If you find someone like that give them my name and number, I have a bridge for sale....

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's the problem, if the manufacturer can't purchase the goods ahead of time at a known cost, then they are buying at whatever the current market is. I would wait until the supply chains catch up and stabilize, even at the risk of not being able to afford it later. (Side note - if it breaks I probably wouldn't like the repair cost either.)

Top Bottom