• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

09/17/2014 - Tech Talk - Elio Motors Takes Major Step Toward Producing New Vehicle At Massive Shreve

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Come on RogWild I thought you were more intelligent than that! Of course this has been planned for a while however the logical answer is that they are moving it now because they have a buyer or buyers. The equipment is safe where it is and EM is already paying for the facility so there is absolutely no reason to spend money on moving it other than as the first step of transferring it to a buyer.

As Ty states the buyer could very well be GM as they understand better than anyone what is in that plant.

These guys must think Murphy was an Optimist!:D
Come on folks, " Them that's going, get on the wagon. Them that's not, GET OUT OF THE WAY!"
quote; Herman Cains Grandfather

Reaction score
Good to see some positive announcements, although this has been 'in the works' for a long while. “Major Step”.... They have been saying that they 'planned' to get rid of un-needed equipment for the past year and a half. “The unusual step of selling the surplus equipment”? That is just 'standard practice' for a productive company.... what is so “unusual”? Back in "BusinessWire · Feb. 10, 2014 , it was stated that Elio Motors would use Comau's 'After Sales team' to conduct plant health assessments in order to optimize re-utilization of assets, and determine what machines could not be used, and should be sold. Seems like they finally concluded this task. NOW...... they just have to find some BUYERS!

Scrap dealer bought the entire steel mill I worked 17 years in. Nearly 100 years of history sold as scrap. The scrap dealer opened the doors in an auction. They sold lock stock and barrel, everything from the mammoth cranes, steel ovens, picklers down to the lockers, sinks and brooms. I was there for two days of the over 3 weeks of selling. I watched in awe as the big wallets with tablets, charts, cell phones, smart phones did the bidding. I couldn't buy a broom because there was a room full of them and it sold as a 'lot.' for hundreds of dollars. Buyers came from all four corners of the nation and quite a bunch seemly from over seas. I cried a lot. My point being, Don't even worry about it, the buyers will come. And guess what, I want to be there to witness, and celebrate. But, then again they might do it over the internet. But, we can still celebrate.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Come on RogWild I thought you were more intelligent than that! Of course this has been planned for a while however the logical answer is that they are moving it now because they have a buyer or buyers. The equipment is safe where it is and EM is already paying for the facility so there is absolutely no reason to spend money on moving it other than as the first step of transferring it to a buyer.

As Ty states the buyer could very well be GM as they understand better than anyone what is in that plant.
"Come on"...... questioning my intelligence because I report and document items that have actually HAPPENED, but you, on the other hand, go with 'could a, should a, might of,' "they are moving it now because they have a buyer or buyers". Going from a statement that Elio Motors has finally decided (with the help of the Comau team over the last 7 months) what equipment they don't need..... to they already have BUYERS..... is not an INTELLIGENT or accurate statement, IMO. Since they stated when they purchased the equipment in the plant (over a year and half ago) that they would use what they needed, and sell the rest; the logical conclusion, is that it took them this LONG to figure out what they did not need, and could sell.

Last edited:

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Come on"...... questioning my intelligence because I report and document items that have actually HAPPENED, but you, on the other hand, go with 'could a, should a, might of,' "they are moving it now because they have a buyer or buyers". Going from a statement that Elio Motors has finally decided (with the help of the Comau team over the last 7 months) what equipment they don't need..... to they already have BUYERS..... is not an INTELLIGENT or accurate statement, IMO. Since they stated when they purchased the equipment in the plant (over a year and half ago) that they would use what they needed, and sell the rest; the logical conclusion, is that it took them this LONG to figure out what they did not need, and could sell.
Remember the statements you are talking about were made before a politician and lawyer inserted themselves into the mix, and any time you get a politician or lawyer involved you can expect things to be held up for a while, you get them involved together and everything comes to a stand still for a while.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When they purchased the GM equipment (in early 2013), they had an inventory of the items. The Lawyers and Politicians had 'no effect' in their ability to evaluate what they could use and what they should sell. They could have SOLD the equipment, even BEFORE they signed a lease on the factory, but they needed Comau to evaluate it (started Feb 2014) and make their recommendations (recently completed).

Top Bottom