• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/15/2014 - Ksla - Elio Motors Announces Delay, Production Expected To Start In 2016

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dear Moderator: can you go through this very long thread and purge all the stuff that has nothing to do with Elio and the delay? There's a sh** storm flying around in here and the air is getting thick.

cortsdad2

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for the prelude. I, like you, attempt to be civil.
Here's the scenario that I don't like. Say Jerome (or the FB moderator) KNOWS that within a few days, Mr. Elio is going to announce a delay of production start until 2016. Someone asks him, "When will these start production?"
If he answers "We are on schedule to begin production in 2015.", that is a lie.
Now, that being said, I agree that "PR is the art of lying but making it OK". I hate to lie and I hate to be lied to. (It's one of the top ten no-no's in Scripture!)
So I couldn't be a PR guy and I guess that anyone that has to lie for a living, well, let's just say it's a shame to have to have people like that.

Scripture? Really?

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many startup companies have started in the last twenty years and how many of them have been car startup companies? I do not know but I suspect the number is large.
EM has spent years developing an automotive design with multiple prototypes culminating in a final design, develop a completely new engine, travel around the country collecting over 38,000 reservations, present their program to congressional members and agencies impressing them so much EM is asked to apply for their money (WOW), obtain a major modern manufacturing building with modern manufacturing machinery, etc. etc. adnauseum.
I doubt any of the other auto startup companies as large as EM have come anywhere this far. This is like a journey of a mile and having a hickup in the last ten feet. Considering how much is already in place, how close they are to production, and such a strong demand already demonstrated, I find it hard to believe they will have any trouble in obtaining the needed capital.

As a side note, it is interesting this thread has reached 25 pages in one day.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On the other hand, why are they employing Corporate Fuel Securities to raise money this late in the game? Since they probably don’t need a lot of money (comparatively speaking), because they are so close to being production ready, why are they not using their usual methods of obtaining investment money?

They company describes themselves as:
“Corporate Fuel Securities acts as a private placement agent to raise debt and/or equity on behalf of our clients. We assist our clients in obtaining capital for a broad range of requirements including growth, acquisition, recapitalizations, leveraged buyouts and permanent working capital needs.”

They describe themselves as “a private placement agent”. I guess they arrange meetings between people with investment money and people wanting investment money.

The one biggest thing EM can do to captivate and win people over is simple:

SHOW THEM THE CAR

Nate_tx

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
People just don't put themselves out there i public and lay it all out on the line who are trying to scam or take advantage of people like this Elio team has getting this done. Part of the problem here is the target demographic for this car is diverse but many of them fickle. While Tesla targeted the affluent who are positive folks who rarely complain and have money to burn the Elio demographic ismade up a mix of people but those who need this vehicle most are people who may have had bad breaks grasping onto victimization. You could add the conspiracy theory of low fuel prices and a government after bailing out GM, and the thought of many in the big 3 this Elio might reduce the sales of their stuff and they pressure gov influence's, the idea that this car is...WOW you have ... Ok lets step back a minute..Take a breathe... These Elio peeps poured their hearts and souls into making a good things happen but.. Ok Elio is at the crossroads of its Legacy. You have the makings of a Tucker here .. Learn from those mistakes. Lets take the right route in this crossroad and execute.

I wonder if releasing the info on the engine may had should had waited till 1 or 2 weeks after Paul's delay announcement. Maybe that would had shown due dilligence is still marching on vs the need for start-up capital. I am all in on 1 and patially in on the 2nd but I have it to lose. I read the paperwork. This is a cool looking lil gem and if its only time I can deal with that. I just hope the Pr machine at Elio can .. I believe ... I got no choice right lol. Keeping the faith!

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
On the other hand, why are they employing Corporate Fuel Securities to raise money this late in the game? Since they probably don’t need a lot of money (comparatively speaking), because they are so close to being production ready, why are they not using their usual methods of obtaining investment money?

They company describes themselves as:
“Corporate Fuel Securities acts as a private placement agent to raise debt and/or equity on behalf of our clients. We assist our clients in obtaining capital for a broad range of requirements including growth, acquisition, recapitalizations, leveraged buyouts and permanent working capital needs.”

They describe themselves as “a private placement agent”. I guess they arrange meetings between people with investment money and people wanting investment money.

The one biggest thing EM can do to captivate and win people over is simple:

SHOW THEM THE CAR

FYI.. In the investment world a "private placement" is a private stock offering. This is somewhat like going public with an IPO except it is much less expensive and allows EM some level of control over who is purchasing their stock. These agencies specialize in marketing these kind of investments to certain types of investors and investment groups.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_placement

Those of us who have been around a while know that the private placement plan is not new at all but instead has been in the plans all along. This was actually the type of financing Elio Motors had in place but collapsed when EM suffered the long delay in securing the Shreveport plant.

To me it would appear that EM decided to stop waiting for news from the ATVM program and instead work on several parallel paths of funding at one time which is likely the smartest thing to do as they really need production financing to be sorted out this year and the sooner the better.

As I have repeated many times EM needs to get that equipment sold off so they can use those funds to push forward on the engine and vehicle development programs. Having a vehicle in final pre-production testing would be a key distinction which really would separate EM over the vast majority of start-up vehicle manufacturers as those only rarely move beyond the concept or the developmental prototype stages which is where EM is now with the P4.

Last edited:
Top Bottom