• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

$1000. Is A Lot Of Money To Me.

Don Reed

Reaction score
I am very interested in this car and have money put away for the $1K deposit. I've seen other car companies ask for investors only to take and keep the money. How do I know this will not happen with Elio?

LGilbert

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
You don't. No investment is guaranteed. There is an entrance fee for early adopters of something potentially very exciting, sort of a crowd financing on a large scale. The investing rule of thumb applies here as in all investments: If you can't afford to lose it, don't invest.

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tucker Motor Car Company in 1948----deposits were in fact a purchase of fitted luggage that went under the bonnet. Never got the luggage and Tucker went kaput! RB

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I was fortunate and had some extra money that I wouldn't miss so I just put it all down on the car. I've honestly forgotten a few times that I actually put $1,000 down on it.

RickDeckard

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
You can put down as little as $100 refundable or non-refundable. Reservation Numbers are only given to the ones that put down $1k non-refundable. The others are a constant moving target with the non-refundable's the first in line . The reservation period will end when the projected first year production has been met (including all refundable and non-refundable reservations)

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd really like to be in the position to put the 1K down in order to get a production number but that's a lot of money to me and something, if I had it, that I would not risk. I put down the $100.00 non-refundable in the hopes that at some point the Elio will become reality. Sure am keeping m fingers crossed because I think it's a step in the right direction for the poor of this country. With only 26 days remaining before I officially retire the Elio will sure be something to help stretch a dollar that's for sure.

jrm_cr_fl

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd really like to be in the position to put the 1K down in order to get a production number but that's a lot of money to me and something, if I had it, that I would not risk. I put down the $100.00 non-refundable in the hopes that at some point the Elio will become reality. Sure am keeping m fingers crossed because I think it's a step in the right direction for the poor of this country. With only 26 days remaining before I officially retire the Elio will sure be something to help stretch a dollar that's for sure.

Hi Jayne. We have the same thoughts on this matter. I too put down a $100 All-In deposit for the same reasons you list. Only after seeing the car in person did I make a leap of faith. I hit my retirement age on 12/12/2013 and still work doing a lot of driving. This car is the answer to so many questions. Yes, there have been many companies (especially aircraft builders) that have taken your money and then gone belly up. Not everyone needs an airplane, but everyone needs this car. I believe in it as many others. If this is a scam it is the best and most elaborate I have ever seen. Again, I have faith in it going through and believe it will.

Top Bottom