• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

3d Model

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That turned out awesome AriLea! :) What file type does Sketch Up use? I'd love to see what Blender could do with your creation.
Yes, we have to do that!
Sketchup are in their proprietary .skp format, but can be exported to .dea (Collada) or .kmz (Google: Good Earth) right from the free version of Sketchup. But there are also free converters as plug-ins, I believe we can find one for the .stl, or something that you need for Blender.
I did that once before so I know it's doable.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, we have to do that!
Sketchup are in their proprietary .skp format, but can be exported to .dea (Collada) or .kmz (Google: Good Earth) right from the free version of Sketchup. But there are also free converters as plug-ins, I believe we can find one for the .stl, or something that you need for Blender.

I don't have Blender on my work computer (for obvious reasons), but I believe Blender has a .png extention. I'll have to get back to you on that.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Now THAT is a revealing photo! It really shows how slender (not to say skinny) our Elio really is -- and what a tiny thing compared to the "normal" vehicles surrounding it. I'm not sure whether that's a plus or minus, but it sure does emphasize the differences. Was it taken with a GoPro Hero?

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
K, I sent in for a request to be able to sell prints to EM.
Anyway from general reading in the open web, the standard out there in this kind of thing, is just sell until requested by the OEM to stop it.
I'm sure we could do that on this website without interference, maybe forever.
As far as I can tell, It's to EM's benefit to have this happening, and kept to a respectful level, I can't see them rejecting the activity.
But if it ever got to be big money, like millions sold then surely they'd want to get a share of it.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, we have to do that!

Arilea,

I think I can import a sketchup file to Revit or 3D AutoCAD. If you are willing to share the file, I'd like to take a look at it.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now THAT is a revealing photo! It really shows how slender (not to say skinny) our Elio really is -- and what a tiny thing compared to the "normal" vehicles surrounding it. I'm not sure whether that's a plus or minus, but it sure does emphasize the differences. Was it taken with a GoPro Hero?
I honestly don't know who took the picture or even who posted the original because it was posted some time ago. It most likely is available in the EM photo gallery and may be labeled there. :-) Z

Top Bottom