• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

3d Model

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just looked at it again, and it appears to be a picture of a picture on a TV monitor. See if you can get it directly from Elio Motors. That'd make a cool poster for my garage wall!
you are right , I took that picture off a display when the Elio was on show here. I don't know if Elio has that out as a public picture, I also think it was of the P3. I'll try to dig around for it..I"ll let you know.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I haven't given up on this thing, but seems like each next part shows how the last one isn't quite accurate enough for the purpose.
So I'm correcting/rebuilding some things. However, I believe these are the most difficult parts of the geometry and establishes the basis for everything else. It's taking some time, but I think it's worth the effort.
Elio3D.png

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I totally agree! I have Matchbox type models of a Harley, 60 something Volkswagen van and even Mater from the CARS movie. An Elio would go front and center.
I find matchbox really useful and inexpensive to have for reference models. I have the Chrysler Atlantic and the Bugatti Atlantic(and about 100 others). But wish I also had a 1949 Delahaye. Along with European cars like the 1936 Delahaye, these helped guide styling for my Atlantric.
RedDelahaye.jpg
1936 Delahaye 135 Competition Court Figoni et Falaschi Coupe 12.jpg
chrysler-atlantic-02.jpg

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Added the headlights. The visual effect is slightly different from the real, but I think it looks OK.
All the 'line' art is a by-product of 'intersecting' things, and will be cleaned up after the surface geometry is all done.
Elio3D.jpg

When I get done with the P4, I might go on the E, making adjustments as we've heard about. The 1in added height or the smaller more aerodynamic grill for example, just to see/guess what the result might be.

Last edited:
Top Bottom