• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

5/16/2014 Production Update From Paul Elio

SandyCWV

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
View this email in your browser
logo.2.png
May 16, 2014

To our Elio Supporters:

Consumer demand for the Elio has accelerated dramatically during the first five months of 2014. Reservations have increased 170 percent since the beginning of the year, and continue at an impressive pace.

It is gratifying to see the public enthusiasm for a vehicle that will achieve 84 mpg on the highway and cost $6,800. Our nation needs the Elio, as evidenced by the thousands of potential drivers who are lining up at events across the country just to sit in the vehicle.

The Elio is a transportation bridge to the future, and we intend to produce the vehicle in a state-of-the-art plant. We have assessed the equipment needs of our plant in Shreveport, La., and expect to be prepared for production in the third quarter of 2015. This is a few months later than anticipated, with the delay tied to the evaluation of the plant as well as the timely closing of financing commitments. We are moving forward, and are excited about the progress we expect throughout the rest of 2014 and early 2015.

As I tour the country and see the reaction to the Elio, what is perhaps most impressive is the passion you, the Elio fans, have for our new vehicle. Your support for our vision and the Elio is invaluable to our ability to produce a vehicle that will be the talk of the town, create American jobs, help bring back manufacturing in our country, cut energy costs, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and protect the environment.

Look for more updates from me as Elio Motors’ momentum continues to build in the coming months.

Paul

unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
open.php?u=24b371802c83d81776b06aa68&id=0d2e95dfd4&e=82ad6a83d3.gif
Thanks Zelio for posting the entire message instead of just the part that creates more questions. I think the part " with the delay tied to the evaluation of the plant as well as the timely closing of financing commitments. " not only answers why there is more delay, but also provides answers to other questions about financing and plant set up that have been causing so much speculation in this forum. There is more work to be done in the plant and there is more involvement with major investors being worked out. "What" and "Who" are better words for questions than "Is". Now the speculation on those questions can begin. :)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Elio Motors did keep this crisis private, the news was responsible for the truth coming out. before elio got the 7.5 million from the landlord a few days ago I did not see anything from Elio saying they were 160 million short prior. They do keep accepting deposits con-ed up from bs told to people in week end parking lots .Come on Goofyone, You are stuck in the railroad ties , the train is coming, stop trying to save your shoe, take it off and run.

You may want to go back and check your facts Debbie. None of the funding information in that article is actually new information. What is news is making clear the timeline of how the plant deal worked out resulting in delays to the entire process. We have known since at least January that they needed $200 million and only had about $50 million as Paul Elio himself stated this in an interview with Fox Business. It was also known since last year that part of the plant lease deal involved $7.5 million moving from IRG to Elio. This money was earmarked for buying the equipment within the plant which was a separate deal from the plant building and land.

There is a perfectly valid reason the real news of how the plant deal went down and how it affected the Elio Motors timeline is coming to light now and it has nothing to do with deceit but instead has everything to do with non disclosure agreements. The whole deal with the state getting involved with negotiations with another company wanting to use the Shreveport plant was shrouded behind non disclosure agreements which did not allow the parties to discuss the proceedings until this month.

Last edited:

Debbie Bruce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You may want to go back and check your facts Debbie. None of the money news in that article is actually new information. What is news is making clear the timeline of how the plant deal worked out resulting in delays to the entire process. We have known since at least January that they needed $200 million and only had about $50 million as Paul Elio himself stated this in an interview with Fox Business. It was also known since last year that part of the plant lease deal involved $7.5 million moving from IRG to Elio. This money was earmarked for buying the equipment within the plant which was a separate deal from the plant building and land.

There is a perfectly valid reason the real news of how the plant deal went down and how it affected the Elio Motors timeline is coming to light now and it had nothing to do with deceit and instead had everything to do with non disclosure agreements. The whole deal with the state getting involved with negotiations with another company wanting to use the Shreveport plant was shrouded behind non disclosure agreements which did not allow the parties to discuss the proceedings until this month.
The other 150 million is going to come from where or whom ? Reservations, I doubt. Maybe someone will front the bucks to get the 20,000 units made but doubtful .Elio thinks they have an out now to delay but for what reason. My hope is for a sell out or take over, but bankruptcy is present, all they need to do is file the papers. For some reason people think Elio is a super rich and intelligent, he isn't .

Debbie Bruce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You may want to go back and check your facts Debbie. None of the funding information in that article is actually new information. What is news is making clear the timeline of how the plant deal worked out resulting in delays to the entire process. We have known since at least January that they needed $200 million and only had about $50 million as Paul Elio himself stated this in an interview with Fox Business. It was also known since last year that part of the plant lease deal involved $7.5 million moving from IRG to Elio. This money was earmarked for buying the equipment within the plant which was a separate deal from the plant building and land.

There is a perfectly valid reason the real news of how the plant deal went down and how it affected the Elio Motors timeline is coming to light now and it has nothing to do with deceit but instead has everything to do with non disclosure agreements. The whole deal with the state getting involved with negotiations with another company wanting to use the Shreveport plant was shrouded behind non disclosure agreements which did not allow the parties to discuss the proceedings until this month.
Goffyone do you realize that if the 17,000 people they have reservations would pay their entire balance of the 6800 now still would not be enough money to get Elio in to production.

SandyCWV

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
You keep being a believer, one day you will have to admit to yourself Paul elio is not a hero , he's a damn fool and it's showing more and more everytime he speaks , changes years and months for production. He's 65 years old and will die of old age before this happens. The question is what prison will he living when this climaxes?
Since this user appeared, I have suspected that this was a pseudonym for another user who has been put on many Ignore lists. The language is cleaned up some, but the same old stuff is starting to creep back in no matter how hard they try to cover it up. Even if it is a new person doing the typing, the mouthpiece is just being toned down some in translation.
This is a forum for commentary on the Elio. We might be a bunch of suckers, but we choose to follow this vehicle until we are either driving it or the project ends. Even if another company puts out a similar product Mr. Elio can be proud in his ideas and work leading to a product that makes a change. Personal attacks are petty, annoying, and show a disturbing joy in beating on other people for no real reason. The only goal for that action is to sink the Elio --- and we ALL know there are a couple reservations staked out, so that makes no sense at all. Enjoy the ride or move on.
Now I have two users in my Ignore list. :)

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"We have assessed the equipment needs of our plant in Shreveport, La., and expect to be prepared for production in the third quarter of 2015."

Shoot me. Shoot me now. :eek:
Well, there's lots of disappointment to navigate thru in this event. But I do notice something interesting, this exactly co-insides with those new managers getting in the game to get the production line built-up. It says there is something real going on and not just PR and smoke. The next stone marker I'm waiting for is when the first 'P5' is crash tested.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since this user appeared, I have suspected that this was a pseudonym for another user who has been put on many Ignore lists. The language is cleaned up some, but the same old stuff is starting to creep back in no matter how hard they try to cover it up. Even if it is a new person doing the typing, the mouthpiece is just being toned down some in translation.
This is a forum for commentary on the Elio. We might be a bunch of suckers, but we choose to follow this vehicle until we are either driving it or the project ends. Even if another company puts out a similar product Mr. Elio can be proud in his ideas and work leading to a product that makes a change. Personal attacks are petty, annoying, and show a disturbing joy in beating on other people for no real reason. The only goal for that action is to sink the Elio --- and we ALL know there are a couple reservations staked out, so that makes no sense at all. Enjoy the ride or move on.
Now I have two users in my Ignore list. :)

I agree. It's either one in the same person. or this is one of the most unhappy, bitter, conspiracy theory believing families ever. I would hate to live my life so bitter all the time.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Zelio for posting the entire message instead of just the part that creates more questions. I think the part " with the delay tied to the evaluation of the plant as well as the timely closing of financing commitments. " not only answers why there is more delay, but also provides answers to other questions about financing and plant set up that have been causing so much speculation in this forum. There is more work to be done in the plant and there is more involvement with major investors being worked out. "What" and "Who" are better words for questions than "Is". Now the speculation on those questions can begin. :)
Thank you Sandy. I personally perfer transferring information from the "horses mouth" although it took me a few tries to figure out how to do it. Now that I do know how it is a piece of cake. Partial information doesn't help anyone. BTW it is nice to have another woman commenting more often. Thanks! LOL :-) Z

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Our reservations are not what is funding the company. To make money Elio needs to sell vehicles. They need to get funded to get to the point where they can build them. No one bilked me out of my retirement fund to make that happen. Nobody lied to me about what they planned to do.

I would love to take delivery today, will be ecstatic if it ever happens at all. Life never came with a guarantee that I would get everything that I wanted and I want this real bad. Seems if heartfelt opinions where $'s we could fund the shortfall, pity that won't work.

SandyCWV

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Top Bottom