• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

62 Year Old Autocycle

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
I bet that felt like a giant relief when funds cleared the bank.
Did you get anywhere near what you were asking for it?

I MET MY GOALS AND THE NEW OWNER GOT A VERY RARE KR FOR A GOOD PRICE .

Coss

Staff member
I bet that felt like a giant relief when funds cleared the bank.
Did you get anywhere near what you were asking for it?

I MET MY GOALS AND THE NEW OWNER GOT A VERY RARE KR FOR A GOOD PRICE .
A Win Win then, very cool

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
A Win Win then, very cool .

LOADED UP AND GONE . I AM GLAD IT IS GONE & SAD AT THE SAME TIME .
HERE IS IS WITH SOME SPARE PARTS IN BOXES .

NO TIME TO REST . ALREADY GETTING DOWN PARTS FOR THE NEXT ONE .
A 1957 KR-200 DELUXE .

DSC_0357.JPG

DSC_0358.JPG

Coss

Staff member
Nice project for the winter; are you going to do a full restore on this one? Or just starter restore like the last one?

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Nice project for the winter; are you going to do a full restore on this one? Or just starter restore like the last one?

MY IMMEDIATE GOAL IS TO REASSEMBLE THE CAR .
IT WILL BE PROCESSED FOR A TITLE AND PUT ON THE SHELF WHERE THE KR-175 USED TO BE .

I AM PLAYING BEAT THE CLOCK . THE TG-500 IS STILL AT THE PAINT SHOP AND I AM HOPING
I CAN PULL THIS OFF BEFORE THAT ONE COMES HOME .

THE LONG GAME FOR THE '57 CAR IS TO DO A GROUND UP FULL RESTORATION .
I MAY BE KEEPING THIS ONE AND SELLING THE WHITE '63 CABRIO WHEN IT IS FINISHED .

FOR THE TIME BEING , THE '63 IS QUITE ENJOYABLE TO DRIVE AND IT ACTUALLY HAS THE MOTOR
FROM THE '57 CAR IN IT FOR THE TIME BEING . I WILL BE DOING TWO REBUILDS AT SOME POINT .

Coss

Staff member

MY IMMEDIATE GOAL IS TO REASSEMBLE THE CAR .
IT WILL BE PROCESSED FOR A TITLE AND PUT ON THE SHELF WHERE THE KR-175 USED TO BE .

I AM PLAYING BEAT THE CLOCK . THE TG-500 IS STILL AT THE PAINT SHOP AND I AM HOPING
I CAN PULL THIS OFF BEFORE THAT ONE COMES HOME .

THE LONG GAME FOR THE '57 CAR IS TO DO A GROUND UP FULL RESTORATION .
I MAY BE KEEPING THIS ONE AND SELLING THE WHITE '63 CABRIO WHEN IT IS FINISHED .

FOR THE TIME BEING , THE '63 IS QUITE ENJOYABLE TO DRIVE AND IT ACTUALLY HAS THE MOTOR
FROM THE '57 CAR IN IT FOR THE TIME BEING . I WILL BE DOING TWO REBUILDS AT SOME POINT .
I thought you were going to finish the Goliath <your truck> first? What happened to it?

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
I thought you were going to finish the Goliath <your truck> first? What happened to it?

THE GOLIATH IS STILL HERE & I WILL FINISH IT .
I ONLY LIKE TO WORK ON ONE AT A TIME BUT THAT IS OFTEN TIMES DIFFICULT .

DSC_0685.JPG

Muzhik

Elio Addict

THE GOLIATH IS STILL HERE & I WILL FINISH IT .
I ONLY LIKE TO WORK ON ONE AT A TIME BUT THAT IS OFTEN TIMES DIFFICULT .

I don't recall the Goliath. Is that a pet name for it, or is that a model or brand name?

I've got little alarm bells going off in my head. Is that the truck that will go through anything, but let a stone hit it in the windshield and it's game over?

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
I don't recall the Goliath. Is that a pet name for it, or is that a model or brand name?

I've got little alarm bells going off in my head. Is that the truck that will go through anything, but let a stone hit it in the windshield and it's game over?

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
GOLIATH (GO-LEE-AT) WAS THE COMPANY .
THEY WERE BASED IN BREMEN GERMANY .

GOLI ( GO-LEE) IS THE MODEL NAME .
THEY WERE QUITE WELL KNOWN FOR THEIR DREIRAD 3 WHEEL TRUCKS
PRODUCED FROM 1928-1961 .

I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO VERIFY , JUST TWO GOLIs IN THE UNITED STATES .
MY 1959 MODEL SEEN HERE AND A WHITE 1956 ONE IN CALIFORNIA IN RATHER POOR CONDITION .
IT HAS A 500cc TWO STROKE ENGINE & THE GAME IS OVER WHEN YOU REACH A STEEP HILL .

DSC_0485.JPG

DSC_0480.JPG