• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else Think It Wont Happen?

ICret

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Alfred, we understand that you do not feel that this is right for you. No one is forcing you to like it or participate in any way. There are allot of people who share the enthusiasm and excitement of the endeavor the Elio team is undertaking. We, the "enthusiast", wish the Elio team much success and commend them on their vision.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am 'confident', based on progress, that Elio Motors will build and deliver the Elio..........for me trust comes 'after' the sale with a quality build, reliable performance, sales/service excellence, and award winning followup customer service.

Once a company builds trust by producing a quality product along with quality customer service......I have 'expectations' that the product will be quality controlled from year to year. If or when they 'disappoint' they lose my business. Many faith based businesses fail..............better to be certain you have market demand, a quality reliable product, sales/servicing excellence, and award winning customer service.......and work hard to achieve success. Only time will tell if Elio meets or exceeds our 'expectations', and we promote Elio thru positive word of mouth advertising, and we buy a second Elio.

Wheelthang

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 'confident', based on progress, that Elio Motors will build and deliver the Elio..........for me trust comes 'after' the sale with a quality build, reliable performance, sales/service excellence, and award winning followup customer service.
Once a company builds trust by producing a quality product along with quality customer service.....
Rickb, my concern, and I think some others, is not about the quality of the finished product, not yet anyway. Our concern is that the minimum 'nestegg', $200M (or $250M), will not be met. Big name companies who see the startup of this vehicle as a threat, will throw lobbyists at lawmakers and could possibly put an end to EM even before it opens the manufacturing doors. Just have to as they say, "keep the faith".

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rickb, my concern, and I think some others, is not about the quality of the finished product, not yet anyway. Our concern is that the minimum 'nestegg', $200M (or $250M), will not be met. Big name companies who see the startup of this vehicle as a threat, will throw lobbyists at lawmakers and could possibly put an end to EM even before it opens the manufacturing doors. Just have to as they say, "keep the faith".
No concerns at all on my part.......the Elio will be a FUNctional, capital FUN ride indeed!

Alfred

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Alfred, we understand that you do not feel that this is right for you.
It is a mystery to me how you can arrive at such conclusion. If I did't feel that this vehicle was "right for me" I would not have put down a deposit, and would not waste my time following any and all news and development of Elio.
No one is forcing you to like it or participate in any way. There are allot of people who share the enthusiasm and excitement of the endeavor the Elio team is undertaking. We, the "enthusiast", wish the Elio team much success and commend them on their vision.
No one could be wishing more than I that this vehicle come to market. But I also have a keen sense of observation and criticism, which prevents me from accepting desirable prospects on mere faith and desirability. That leaves us with "wishful thinking".
I'll tell you something else that I strongly believe:
It has always been difficult to overcome weak financing and bring a revolutionary product to market. There are many reasons for that, including opposition from established business and manufacturers who feel threatened by such competition. Most projects fail because of that, and some fail because they were planned as scams. There is plenty of documented evidence for this, just Google it.
Let's exclude the scam possibility, that leaves the financing problem. I am absolutely convinced that this problem could be overcome if the blind, ignorant, and simply stupid masses would stand behind it in force and insist on seeing it brought to market. There are enough ultra-rich individuals among us who could just take over the financing of initial production. It obviously would be of great benefit not only to our population, but to mankind in general. You can tell that this is the right direction to take when established, successful manufacturers like VW bring out concept cars like the VW Nils: http://www.caranddriver.com/news/volkswagen-nils-ev-concept-auto-shows
These types of concept intros hardly ever make it to a show room, but serve the company image of being avant-garde. And if ever seen at a dealership they would be way overpriced. I am currently unaware of any concept project that is planned to be brought to market for more or less "pocket change", like Elio. Only total morons can be opposed to such a concept.
All that being said, I am still enough of a pragmatist to keep eyes and ears open to actual facts, and not listen to my hopes and desires only. It does not mean I am opposed to any part of the project. I fervently wish it all the success it should have, but I still need to see more evidence of this success.

Alfred

Elio Fan
Reaction score
It will come. I have FAITH in Paul Elio's commitment to see this work. Yea, that's right, said it out loud. Well, wrote it out loud.
I have faith - no,scratch that, I am convinced that finally, the end of the internal combustion engine is here! Meanwhile, while we are waiting for the transition, it would be nice to have something like the Elio to reduce the pain at the gas pump.

Top Bottom