• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else Think It Wont Happen?

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unpredictable bad things happen in business all the time, making nearly every CEO guilty at one time or another of making a prediction that does't come true. But that doesn't make them liars.

Many of you were totally willing to soak up every word that came out of Paul's mouth as some sort of golden nugget of truth, never differentiating between that which Paul could totally control and that which he could not. I have here heard "Paul is different", "Paul believes", and "Paul has vision". And what of this vision? Well, I think it can be broken down into product design, product development, marketing, and production. His initial capitalization gave him control over most or all aspects of the first three, where everything he predicted turned out to be true, but not the last one - the one that needs the $240M. So, he's a truth teller when he can accurately forecast what he can control - the first three - but a liar when he makes equally optimistic statements regarding what he cannot - the last?

Face it everyone. Without Paul's optimism we would all be cruising the Prius chat room. There would be no design, no dash, no P4 or P5, no engine, no tours, no nothing, so don't eviscerate him when that optimism fails him. Has he been shading the financing issue in the best light? Probably. Is he aware that he is sailing into stiff headwinds in this funding environment going forward? Possibly. But a liar in fact he is not.

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is E5 the current name for P5?

P stood for "prototype".
What does E stand for? "Evolutionary" as in final design?
Jerome told me that there won't be a P5. The P4 with a few changes is the "P" production model. I haven't heard of a E5. I have heard Paul say the autocycle is "E" for everyone... as in Elio. If there is info on the subject of a E5 it would be good to read.

Top Bottom