• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else Think It Wont Happen?

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio is not far from 40,000 however getting the last handful might be a bit harder. To cut off reservations now might be suicide . Many might see it as part of an exit plan. Better ELIO go out swinging than fade away. Nothing wrong with taking reservations, provided ELIO makes it clear the trouble they are in and make it clear high likely hood you will never see the ELIO produced.
Corporate Fuel Securities represents just one of many financial strategies the company is pursuing at this time. Others include a $185 million loan from the Department of Energy, the sale of surplus equipment from the Shreveport facility and several private financing options. As soon as one of these options comes through, Elio Motors will be able to communicate a more specific date for the vehicle launch, which is targeted for the first half of 2016.:rolleyes:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio is not far from 40,000 however getting the last handful might be a bit harder. To cut off reservations now might be suicide . Many might see it as part of an exit plan. Better ELIO go out swinging than fade away. Nothing wrong with taking reservations, provided ELIO makes it clear the trouble they are in and make it clear high likely hood you will never see the ELIO produced.
Of course keep the reservations coming,- but EM is under no obligation "to make it clear the trouble....." Our agreements w/EM did not included any provisions for keeping us posted on their progress.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually increased reservations will be forthcoming, we happen to know the history -
Newbies see-
Secured big factory
Engine publicity next week
delivery schedule 2016
They have a better game plan and optimism than we here- the process will take on a whole new prospective, and when they visit this Elio owners site won't understand why folks would be upset with so much in place, and a 1 year wait.
My guess- reservations will go up after the engine hits the news, and the closer to 2016, the numbers will continue to rise.
AND of course, when production begins it'll fly off the charts, and will be adored for being early and receiving the incentive, and paid $6800 base price! ( we all know it HAS to go up)

Last edited:

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps this has been answered before, but has anything reputable been said regarding the exact details of what a production ramp-up would look like when they do get the funds? Paul is an extremely confident optimist so pehaps we ought to take with a large grain of salt claims of a rapid assembly line build.

Someone posted the the basic step-by-step plan within the last day or two. I know I have seen before, too. IIRC, it would take about 6-month to reach full speed on "one shift". Hopefully someone will jump in and repost all of the specific numbers. It seems to be a reasonable plan.

satx

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think anybody who sends Elio money now won't see a vehicle before 2017.

I do think there will be a huge wage of orders when/if 10k+ Elios are on the streets demonstrating and proving themselves.

There must be no blood on the streets (recalls, unreliability) from bleeding-edge Elio drivers.

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Someone posted the the basic step-by-step plan within the last day or two. I know I have seen before, too. IIRC, it would take about 6-month to reach full speed on "one shift". Hopefully someone will jump in and repost all of the specific numbers. It seems to be a reasonable plan.

Thanks, OSTB (can't spell it - no disprispect entended - not enouff coffffeee). Can you recall the source of that info? If true and robust, that is good news.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is only one thing ELIO needs now money. Guaranteed money that exceeds 240 million in cash. Their plan has been flawed all a long due to one thing ,they forgot about money. ELIO just assumed it would come and it did not. The flaws in ELIO can be adjusted and fixed, with money coming in with out it the plan is nothing but words..
I hope the sale of that junk equipment goes well , but not looking good. ELIO needs cash investment fast.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is only one thing ELIO needs now money. Guaranteed money that exceeds 240 million in cash. Their plan has been flawed all a long due to one thing ,they forgot about money. ELIO just assumed it would come and it did not. The flaws in ELIO can be adjusted and fixed, with money coming in with out it the plan is nothing but words..
I hope the sale of that junk equipment goes well , but not looking good. ELIO needs cash investment fast.

Not too sure why you keep repeating yourself, I, and probably others get it. Not only do I get, and as you know fully agree with you, but I've let it go. Time to move on. Listen I'm still pissed when the Dodgers left Brooklyn!! Life's to short and precious to sweat the small stuff, you've heard it and we both know that the 1k all in was basically an (early) hope at a project that has the potential to change the whole concept of personal transport.
The further implications can be staggering- as a member of the armed forces, you know first-hand how many have died in the pursuit of oil. The E can make us even more energy self-sufficient.

This being tax season, and perhaps ease your pain, why not take the 1k as a charitable deduction to a
non-profit (LOL)

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not too sure why you keep repeating yourself, I, and probably others get it. Not only do I get, and as you know fully agree with you, but I've let it go. Time to move on. Listen I'm still pissed when the Dodgers left Brooklyn!! Life's to short and precious to sweat the small stuff, you've heard it and we both know that the 1k all in was basically an (early) hope at a project that has the potential to change the whole concept of personal transport.
The further implications can be staggering- as a member of the armed forces, you know first-hand how many have died in the pursuit of oil. The E can make us even more energy self-sufficient.

This being tax season, and perhaps ease your pain, why not take the 1k as a charitable deduction to a
non-profit (LOL)
I am all in at $1000 have been 24 hours after I read about the ELIO.
I keep reading posts from people that just pretend Everything is fine . It is not.
The Wars I fought in had nothing to do with oil I did not buy into that junk then nor do I now.
We don't get oil from the middle east. Lot of others do but US gets darn little of it.
I wish it was all that simple.
I want to see the ELIO on the road, even willing to invest some money in it even knowing what we all now know.
I work for a company that doubled it's stock price in one year without any new money coming in. One change was made Leadership. They fired the marketing types that ran it and put a money man in charge. A cold as Ice money man. Looks now like the stock is going to keep going and company growing under this leadership.

Last edited:
Top Bottom