• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, is there any kind of standard for charging stations, or is it where you have to find a charging station that has the correct plug and voltage for your car?
The charging station needs to coordinate with the vehicles on board charger. Level 2 apparently charges 3-5 X faster than level one.

image.jpeg

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, is there any kind of standard for charging stations, or is it where you have to find a charging station that has the correct plug and voltage for your car?

All electric cars in North America use an SAE J1772 port to charge up. The only exception to this are the DC Fast Charging stations (the ones that fill a car to 80% in 40 minutes). These come in three flavors: Tesla, CHAdeMO, and CCS (Combined Charging System).

So if you have an EV, you can charge it up at any "Level 2" charging station, but to use DC fast charging you need to go to a station that has your socket type.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
All electric cars in North America use an SAE J1772 port to charge up. The only exception to this are the DC Fast Charging stations (the ones that fill a car to 80% in 40 minutes). These come in three flavors: Tesla, CHAdeMO, and CCS (Combined Charging System).

So if you have an EV, you can charge it up at any "Level 2" charging station, but to use DC fast charging you need to go to a station that has your socket type.
Almost sounds like the early days of VCR and Betamax; or the DVD formats. No standardization across the types of connections. Too bad they don't have a way for a universal adapter. (Yes, I understand it's more than just the plug type; it's the whole charge system)

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think this would be great for small and local deliveries; flowers, pizza, subs, etc.
[Broken External Image]
I think the side would be excellent for the companies image / photo / logo.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think this would be great for small and local deliveries; flowers, pizza, subs, etc.
[Broken External Image]
I think the side would be excellent for the companies image / photo / logo.
I agree. Also, the ideal government fleet vehicle...........imagine the tax dollars saved from purchase price to major fuel, routine maintenance, and repair costs over time. The SRK Deliverator.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Put a steering wheel in there and a real seat...
The SRK had a steering wheel and a real seat thru the Gen 7. The Gen 8's engineering evolved to the handlebar steering to reduce the excessive weight of the commuter/delivery vehicle. As I recall it shaved about 950 lbs. of total weight. It looks like an easy in out along with a comfortable seat and seating position. This test rider has a smile on their face.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The SRK had a steering wheel and a real seat thru the Gen 7. The Gen 8's engineering evolved to the handlebar steering to reduce the excessive weight of the commuter/delivery vehicle. As I recall it shaved about 950 lbs. of total weight. It looks like an easy in out along with a comfortable seat and seating position. A test ride will verify my assumption.
Really? You can't just put a giant, old-fasioned "steering-wheel shaped handlebar" on it? Like old cars had, or big rigs.

Or maybe something like an airplane's flight yoke, so that you have more leg room? It would still steer like a handlebar'd bike, but would technically have a steering wheel! :p

Top Bottom