• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Birmingham Al, October 24-26, 2014

MyElio1678

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vance,Al 35490 (born and raised in California)
Saw the Elio for the 1st time this morning. Got there about 10:30. About 20 people in line. I'm very impressed with what I saw. Outside looks 1st class. Inside was simple and really neat. As has been stated before here dash will be different and I'm sure seat material will be different as well as the rear seat will have more cushion. It was everything I expected it to be. Some pics

2004-12-31230000-10_zpscc6e7c88.jpg

Me in the Elio

2004-12-31230000-12_zpsc9f68740.jpg

Rear wheel opposite shock.

2004-12-31230000-4_zps04d1b989.jpg

Jerome in the background

2004-12-31230000-15_zpsfeaf9f24.jpg

From the rear.
Great pictures and I enjoyed myself too, it was nice meeting you!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I got to see the Elio for the second time Saturday at The Summit. Me, goofeone and HHH travelled together. The weather was perfect, though I didn't have a hat and no sunscreen so I got a bit of a burn.

Here are some things I learned (besides what HHH has already posted):

1. The rear wheel is likely to have a release located behind the rear seat which allows to the rear wheel assembly to swing up for ease in replacing the tire. Jerome did not know exactly how this would be implemented but said that the developers do.

2. The roof is to have some threaded inserts to allow for after-market roof racks. I for one am glad to hear this as it will provide an anchor point for a 2 meter antenna I plan to install.

3. The rear seat will have a three point harness just like the front.

4. A trailer hitch will NOT be an option for the first year, as testing and other things would push production back an additional 6 months. There are other reasons also.

5. The news concerning the dash sounds to be quite exciting. This news will come out in about a week.

6. The rear seat will be lowered some, so the curves of the production model will be very similar to the P4.

7. Jerome says there will be plenty to talk about in the next couple weeks. It seems there will be some surprises perhaps!!!

DSC00006_zps1c1d0c6a.jpg

DSC00007_zps907f0ded.jpg

Dustoff, goofyone, HHH and myself.
DSC00008_zps5f07b26f.jpg
BTW I love the Hello! :-) Z

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
BTW I love the Hello! :) Z

When i first saw that 'Hello Zellio' on the banner, I just knew someone, a friend of yours on the forum?, was trying to connect you, Way up there, in the NW to us Way down here in the SE, with/to the Good Times that we all had, in B'ham and our viewing of the Elio.

Last edited:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When i first saw that 'Hello Zellio' on the banner, I just knew someone, a friend of yours on the forum?, was trying to connect you, Way up there, in the NW to us Way down here in the SE, with/to the Good Times that we all had, in B'ham and our viewing of the Elio.
I have no idea who did it, but I sure got a warm fuzzy feeling when I saw it. :-) Z

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh, one additional point I picked up overhearing Jerome in Birmingham. To the question of price increases in successive model years, he responded to another person that prices would certainly go up, but that he would rather maintain the same price and delete an item from the standard equipment. He used as an example deleting air conditioning in year 3 as standard equipment.

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Another additional point. In talking with Pam Vassallo, (Jerome's wife) she indicated a few things regarding the $185 million government ATVM loan application. Elio having passed the first hurdle is a big deal; she believes it to be the most challenging of the three. They are on a fast track. She believes that the Federal government is looking for a "win" in the ATVM program. It goes without saying that she believes that Elio would provide them that win.

Last edited:
Top Bottom