• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Custom Paint Options

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What do you think about EM placing a value on a paint job and giving the option to trade that value for an add on option of equal or greater value? This way if you don't care for the color's they provide you don't have to pay for it, only to get new paint once you get it home. The car will be delivered ready to paint, yes there will be trim issues and all that, but it's still better than paying for something you don't want. JMO

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am strongly considering a different paint job, no matter if Elio gives me paint credit or not. It would be a very nice option since quite frankly their paint choices are of the extremely economical variety, you get my drift? Creamsicle was the only color I considered when I saw the pallet on line, in person Creamsicle was very flat and muddy. None of the colors make the vehicle look as good as a good paint job would so Elio might consider your paint credit option because they would have a much better product showing up on the road....and a much happier customer base.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd probably take the paint credit and leave it unpainted.

I had a coworker that had his entire pickup painted with spray on bed-liner. I kind of liked that.
-Brian

I know several guys that have had this done with their off road vehicles. Very unique look and also very functional.

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am going in a direction I have not seen examples of...somewhere I will end up and look around and not see a soul..

The EE is EEnique. And so will the "paint job" on my EE. So unique I do not know what it will be...if I can get the vehicle with just primer on it that maybe how I will leave it. And when someone inquires about the vehicle I will tell them I built it from scratch. I might even take a spray can of primer and make it look even more home made. It will be my little joke. People that don't know about em will look at it and shake their heads....40 years from then they will tell their great grandchildren about the day they saw the guy that made the FIRST EE ever built.

The second consideration will be to take anEE with either primer or one of those flat cheap paint jobs and do one of two things.
Get a keg and a few friends to come by and paint whatever they feel like on the EE or, coordinate with one of the local high school art teachers to buy the paint and the brushes and have the kids go crazy...maybe she could actually do some actual contest to see what they are going to paint it, if not just graffiti it up.
After the friends or the kids get done I will drop it off at a buds paint shop and have him clear cut the sumbitch.
That will be EEnique. And don't you sum itches steal my idea. I am gonna win a trophy at every EEvent I got to.

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I had my car painted 2 years ago, red, blue, and any pearlescent cost more(painters supply). I would expect Elio to charge more for any of those colors. I'm okay with a primed car at delivery or paying a minimal amount for a painted or wrapped vehicle.

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've thought about painting mine rusty looking just to mess with people that know the body panels are composite.

traileria1.jpg

Top Bottom