• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Decided Against Elio

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep, I hear ya, that's exactly what's up with my 2000 Deville. It's more the replacing of the stud threads, it was explained to me that the heating and cooling of the engine several thousand times makes those threads lose their bite. They have to be drilled out and replaced. Ugh.

It overheats when outside temp is above 70 and driving on the highway. Turn on heater, and engine temp goes back down. I've been quoted a price of between $3500 and $4500. Ain't happen'. :caked:

I will try to sell it and fully disclose the problems with it, otherwise will sell for parts or to an iron business.

Jeff , I found a " temporary" fix that worked . 2 Things are happening . The NorthStar studs get loose and the inherent high pressure of the cooling system . White smoke from exhaust , excessive engine heat and coolant levels that need to added each week . I researched and purchased this product . It is a 2 part process . The 1st involves a simple pressure release value installed between coolent tank and radiator . The 2nd is an epoxy sealant that seals the gaps between the head and gasket. I am NEVER in favor of a liquid mechanic but my son was unwilling to spend thousands . I know you don't know me , but I assure you it is the best $150 you will spend . Once process was complete , all symptoms were gone for over 3 months . He traded the car in for a new jeep therefore we never determined if the fix was permanent .

https://www.rxauto.com/faq.htm

therma.JPG

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Guys guys guys! I just bought a 2001 Deville! lol Can't you let me enjoy my purchase for a few weeks? ;)

LOL ... It isn't the end of the world . As long as you don't overheat , the gasket generally stays sound . Even if you begin to experience an issue , see my post above for a cheap fix . Always loved Caddys . My 1st was a '68 Convertible back in 1977

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am at 241,000 miles with my Sunfire. Battery decided to go bad while I was out of town.

Walmart battery made by Johnson Controls. Got it replaced free but a battery just under 2 years old should not need to be replaced.

The Duracell battery from Interstate is awesome in my van I got from Sam's Club.

Top Bottom