• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Drivers Talk #757 More With Elio Motors

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think I get more excited to hear any info from Infinite Skyz, any tid bit is good to hear. Wish they weren't being so quiet about what it can/can't do. Hearing that if someone bumps it, it can send you alert and you can remotely turn on and view the cameras is REALLY cool. I wonder if it would have a 2-way speaker too so you could talk and hear what's being said. :)

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elizabeth Drake talks more about the Infinite skyze capabilities and the Apple integration. Jerome Vassallo talks about suppliers and aftermarket for the Elio including interest of turbo manufacturers and sunroof suppliers at SEMA.

Interview starts at 12:36

Jerome agreed with statement that the motors 'bottom end' is
designed to be "strong enough for a turbo".......yea!
:)

upload_2014-12-8_12-35-3.jpeg

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
The 'bottom end' being strong enough for a turbo does fit in with what we have heard before. While we are told that the engine as is currently being developed is not being designed with a turbo in mind and as such may not be able to hold up the added stresses EM has also never shut the door on a turbo version of this engine in the future. We even heard directly from Paul Elio that IAV engineers are working independently on a turbo and that Comau has left space on the production line design for turbo installation.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The 'bottom end' being strong enough for a turbo does fit in with what we have heard before.

question from one who isn't a mechanic ... if the bottom of the motor is built strong enough to handle the stress of a turbo, does that automatically mean the top end is also tough enough or does it matter

Jim

Top Bottom