• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

E1c Unveiled

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Populations in this endeavor are indeed interesting. This forum has changed greatly over time. The ones who now post have indeed become a very small but very well informed group, even if we are the quire singing to itself. The ones who silently lurk here now are a little larger set of groups who check in with varying intervals. All that put together is no where near the size of the full population of reservationists. And that is a small portion of all the eventual buyers.
Here on this forum we do seem to be more like the 60k body of reservation holders and probably not as much like the average future buyer.

Still for the most part the key motivators for buying this car in all known and expected groups seem far distant from the judgments around the dash-board. Therefore, I suspect that less than 5% of the public would reject the car simply on the basis of the dash alone. Most of us may gripe or cheer about it, but buy or reject it for other reasons.

Once the car does go on sale I'm sure the membership here will change much more dramatically than it ever did in the past, as will our subject matter.
Guilty! :D Always love your level headed post Arilea and it clearly shows in this post. Your reservation # 5371 and my 2491 only seemed closer than others in getting our ELIO. But for now, it's just numbers and won't mean a thing until they're actually in production. The E1C's arrival maybe exciting to somebody but in the overall picture, there is still what, 21 more E-series to unvail?? And how long did it take EM to complete this E1C?? Yes, patience is the key. It's a new car company so give it a break because it ain't easy to start one...I got all that. At the rate they are building these E-series, it's almost academic that we'll not be seeing the actual 100 pre-prod in 2017. I'm of course throwing a wild guess based on the fact that they have not acquired the ATVM loan (I'm also guessing). Right now my main concern is can EM even honor the 7300K/7000K selling price?? Take away our 1K reservation money and it's 6K plus all the necessary taxes?? That cheap of a price also comes with a price...questionable quality. The longer it takes, the expensive the labor will be, not to mention the parts, engine, etc. PE is no Philanthropist, he is a businessman trying to make his mark with a good solid idea. Yes, I'm happy just to be waiting than be involved in their dilemma. Just my 2 cents.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do think you are correct when you say an Elgin Dash would not be a deal killer for most....

I agree! If any of us actually ''value" and NEED what is being offered, a little cosmetic thing isn't going to break the deal. If the dash is a deal-breaker for anyone, than that leaves one more Elio available for some lucky individual, that appreciates the "value." I don't buy all the flak about the dash being a safety issue. If safety is a concern...buy a Hummer.

What EM is trying to accomplish here, is nothing less that a "gift" to us all.
I will not look this gift horse in the mouth.
PS. This "horse" has been sufficiently and thoroughly beaten. :deadhorse:end of rant. :becky:

Last edited:

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Maurtis. I know you had a Veloster NA at one time, and I have the turbo version. I installed a K&N Typhoon system. Replacing everything, including the air box all the way back to the intake on the motor, that {according to K&N} adds 13 HP. Turbos love to be fed air, and it made an increase in HP that is felt, not just claimed by the mfg. You're spot on about intake honk though. I like it because now I can hear all the turbo noise, from the intake to the blow off valve. My wife now calls it the "Darth Vader car". Next project is an exhaust system. After all, more air in means you need more air out. Right?:noidea:

Agreed, I meant on naturally aspirated cars. With forced induction, intake, exhaust, and ECU tuning effects are all much more effective :) Glad you are enjoying the Veloster turbo! I loved my Veloster, if I had not sold it with the delusion that we could get by with just my bike and my wife's car I would probably still have her. Or more likely already traded her in for a turbo model, LOL.

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agreed, I meant on naturally aspirated cars. With forced induction, intake, exhaust, and ECU tuning effects are all much more effective :) Glad you are enjoying the Veloster turbo! I loved my Veloster, if I had not sold it with the delusion that we could get by with just my bike and my wife's car I would probably still have her. Or more likely already traded her in for a turbo model, LOL.
If you liked them, get another one. 2016 is the last year for them in the U.S. Very sad. They are so different from most anything else out there for the money.It's like a go cart on steroids. I guess we should face the fact that anything quirkey and unusual appeals to most of us Elioers.Or maybe we should call ourselves "Elioites"? If you ever find yourself in E. TN, look me up. We'll take mine through The Dragon, Deals Gap, or 129. Whatever you want to call that 11 mile strech of road with 318 curves that is pure fun.;)

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you liked them, get another one. 2016 is the last year for them in the U.S. Very sad. They are so different from most anything else out there for the money.It's like a go cart on steroids. I guess we should face the fact that anything quirkey and unusual appeals to most of us Elioers.Or maybe we should call ourselves "Elioites"? If you ever find yourself in E. TN, look me up. We'll take mine through The Dragon, Deals Gap, or 129. Whatever you want to call that 11 mile strech of road with 318 curves that is pure fun.;)
Yea, but you WON'T but kicking in the turbo on the dragon !!!:D

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Awesome, thanks for the offer. I hit Deals Gap last back in 1998 on my Honda Hawk GT, then moved too far away. BUT, looks like we might be moving back to NC next year. I should have some new suspension parts for the Miata by then, so good times.

They are discontinuing the Veloster? That is a real shame. For the money it was hard to beat for being loaded with tech goodies, versatile, and a pretty fun ride (mine was the Tech model with 6MT).

A black Elio at the auto show. I'm sorry, but I don't think they could have made a worse color choice. An Elio is a fun car for the young at heart and it's color should reflect that. Black is for the Mercedes or Lincoln who wants to appear superior.

I could not agree more. That is why I really thought they would go with the True Blue instead. Vibrant, playful, stands out much more than black...

Last edited:
Top Bottom