• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's the link to Electra Meccanica's Instagram Page.
Where you can see a beautiful picture of Solo #1 at auction.
Solo #1 sold for $21,000 in support of Mount St. Joseph's Hospital.

electrameccanica

As administrator (other site) I'm supposed to curb my enthusiasm but...
I think someone got the deal of the weekend.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's the link to Electra Meccanica's Instagram Page.
Where you can see a beautiful picture of Solo #1 at auction.
Solo #1 sold for $21,000 in support of Mount St. Joseph's Hospital.

electrameccanica

As administrator (other site) I'm supposed to curb my enthusiasm but...
I think someone got the deal of the weekend.
Wait, it gets worse...
I think that was $21,000 Canadian. Which is only $1000 CAD...
More than what the rest of the limited edition is going to cost.
AAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!

At least it was for a good cause.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
FTRC still not open for business. WtH are they doing?
At least there is Helix photo up with a note that says coming soon. There could be some kind of union ceremony required between the FTRC Forum owner and Helix Motors before the official FTRC reopening.

No way in heck the Helix will make production in my lifetime, so I will be happy driving around in my Solo, SRK, and Elio (range extender). 3 vehicles for the anticipated price of one anticipated Helix concept.

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
'Three-wheeled Solo electric vehicle motors past Elio on way to market'

Gizmag. I think this looks nice. It is an improvement over the Sparrow by Corbin.
electra-meccanica-solo-33.JPG

It seems to be a bit high in price for a second car that carries only one person.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Gizmag. I think this looks nice. It is an improvement over the Sparrow by Corbin.

It seems to be a bit high in price for a second car that carries only one person.
I think it's nice too Big Guy. That's why I've got one coming. $15K USD minus (probably) $1500 (10%) incentive...
makes this one of the (if not the) cheapest EVs out there. The range is better than most, and the quality seems to be...
above and beyond so far. That should explain the price. When you compare it with all the other EVs, $15K USD is peanuts.

We're having a live chat Friday from 4:00pm - 5:30pm EDT come and discuss this beast. We've even had the brass visit the site.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

BWG, $15,500 with only 1 option AC. Less the $2500 electric motorcycle tax credit still in effect. This little electric three wheeler might pay for itself with savings in gas and maintenance over a few years of driving time.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think it's nice too Big Guy. That's why I've got one coming. $15K USD minus (probably) $1500 (10%) incentive...
makes this one of the (if not the) cheapest EVs out there. The range is better than most, and the quality seems to be...
above and beyond so far. That should explain the price. When you compare it with all the other EVs, $15K USD is peanuts.

We're having a live chat Friday from 4:00pm - 5:30pm EDT come and discuss this beast. We've even had the brass visit the site.
I am a fan of all the soon to be manufactured three wheeler concepts. ELIO, SOLO, & the SRK (Shark). I'll Be There, instrumental, playing softly in the background.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
BWG, $15,500 with only 1 option AC. Less the $2500 electric motorcycle tax credit still in effect. This little electric three wheeler might pay for itself with savings in gas and maintenance over a few years of driving time.
No... it won't. Not really... definitely not when comparing it to the Elio...
Let's race:

Elio = $8,000 + gas for 217,000 miles @ 70MPG and $2.25/gal + 50 $100 oil changes = $15,000
Solo = $15,500 + $0 (you found a way to steal electricity from the neighbor) = $15,000

It's a tie!!!

Well, here I sit, putting 15,000 miles on a car a year waiting 14.46 years till the Solo finally equals the Elio in price to own. Whew... what a wait. Oh, crap, the battery pack needs replacing. Dammit!

(Oh, my Elio has Air conditioning AND air bags... AND can carry a second person should I want to do such a thing)

Top Bottom