• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electric Elio May Be Closer Than You Think. Or Not.

Chris F

Elio Addict
Reaction score
By the way, on a national basis, coal has dropped from greater than 51% of electricity production ten years ago to less than 32% and is still dropping rapidly. Many coal plants have been retrofitted to burn gas, but there have also been several months where all new capacity has been renewable.

Don't believe the "war on coal" rhetoric. I'm a geologist and have worked in the coal industry over thirty years. It's pure market forces sinking coal. It would be going down just as quickly if the EPA didn't exist. It's mostly an economy of scale issue. Coal plants, by their nature, have to be huge and require investment in the billions. Gas (and now wind, as well) can be brought on line incrementally, and new units can be added quickly to meet needs. Gas and wind can also be idled without incurring big shut down / start up costs.

As long as gas is readily available, coal will die. Gas doesn't even have to be cheaper on a BTU basis. External costs swamp the difference.

Anyone who uses "war on coal" is selling you something.

I have a client trying to sell a coal mine in PA and no takers. Its cheaper to buy a gas lease and hook the well to the pipelines that already exist. With the shale boom in NY, PA, WV and Ohio, individual industrial plants can generate their own power and sell the excess to the utility. You can buy a genset to generate electricity relatively cheap and scale it up as needed. Coal plants are huge, complex and require much more maintenance.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My mom use to say she was an Independent Republicrat.... I mostly feel the same way. I hate politics and can't force myself to fully agree with any party.
Sorry that somethings we can't just turn a blind eye to and ignore? The way is see it. a very pivotal moment occurred when Washington, like no other time in history, gave up his right to rule and bestowed the power to rule and govern upon American citizen by relinquishing his sword to the Continental Congress. Last night the exact opposite occurred when another pivotal moment took place at the President's podium. What your President did last night flies in the face of Washington's decree that everyone has rights as individual citizens. Scary how few seem to know or even care what an American citizen really is. But even scarier is that his decree sets at naught your citizen rights and allows Presidents to decide not you. No not anymore.

Seems that most of the public are going to suffer the frog in warm water syndrome.
PS this has nothing to do with politics. Just History, Governance and Just the facts mam.
Just as there is a painting of Washington presenting his sword to the Continental Congress. So should there be a photo of Obama being chased out of Washington with and by that very sword.

Last edited:

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry that somethings we can't just turn a blind eye to and ignore? The way is see it. a very pivotal moment occurred when Washington, like no other time in history, gave up his right to rule and bestowed the power to rule and govern upon American citizen by relinquishing his sword to the Continental Congress. Last night the exact opposite occurred when another pivotal moment took place at the President's podium. What your President did last night flies in the face of Washington's decree that everyone has rights as individual citizens. Scary how few seem to know or even care what an American citizen really is. But even scarier is that his decree sets at naught your citizen rights and allows Presidents to decide not you. No not anymore.

Seems that most of the public are going to suffer the frog in warm water syndrome.
PS this has nothing to do with politics. Just History, Governance and Just the facts mam.
Just as there is a painting of Washington presenting his sword to the Continental Congress. So should there be a photo of Obama being chased out of Washington with and by that very swords.
So how do you really feel??

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Eddie, your messing up my point here. Your right in that it should be pretty obvious about my feelings here. I'll give you that. But, far far more important is the indisputable facts I bring forward here. No patriot will stand for a President who procurates like a Roman Caesar. Supreme People's Procuratorate is an office in RED China or Russia last I checked.
I get your point, I was just trying to figure out what it has to do with an American Made Autocycle. I thought the thread was about an electric Elio???? I can't even see anywhere where anyone peed in your Cherrios.

Last edited:

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If one of us here had a tragic accident a comment would not be inappropriate anywhere on this site.
If the equivalent of the towers being hit, me thinks some comments would not be about content here. So really whose is inappropriate?
A freight train just ran over your civil rights from that podium and the frogs don't even know the water's boiling. Go figure.
P.S. I DID NOT BRING THIS TOPIC UP BUT WAS MERELY COMMENTING.
P.P.S. IF YOU CANT TALK ABOUT GOVERNANCE WITHOUT GETTING INTO POLITICS THAT IS 100 PERCENT YOUR PROBLEM NOT MINE.

Last edited:

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If one of us here had a tragic accident a comment would not be inappropriate anywhere on this site.
If the equivalent of the towers being hit, me thinks some comments would not be about content here. So really whose is inappropriate?
A freight train just ran over your civil rights from that podium and the frogs don't even know the water's boiling. Go figure.
P.S. I DID NOT BRING THIS TOPIC UP BUT WAS MERELY COMMENTING.
P.P.S. IF YOU CANT TALK ABOUT GOVERNANCE WITHOUT GETTING INTO POLITICS THAT IS 100 PERCENT YOUR PROBLEM NOT MINE.
All that banter is fine and dandy Folks. But if you are going off on a rant, start a new thread and post the topic so we all can choose to read it or skip it. But you don't need to jump into a thread that has nothing to do with whatever soap box you need to jump on, and go off on a tangent.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All that banter is fine and dandy Folks. But if you are going off on a rant, start a new thread and post the topic so we all can choose to read it or skip it. But you don't need to jump into a thread that has nothing to do with whatever soap box you need to jump on, and go off on a tangent.

Stay tuned, Looks like another Lively week-end.

Top Bottom