• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Buyer Financing Options Discussion

creekstone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The title of this thread should be changed from Elio Gas Card Facts to Elio Gas Card Speculation.

The gas card idea is conceptual until a financial entity signs on. I have my doubts.

I agree with others that the gas card will most likely be the least attractive financing option for those with decent credit.
If the program targets those with poor or no credit, where is the incentive for a sponsoring financial institution?

The idea is novel (like the Elio autocycle!). But I think it's creative marketing, not creative financing. Time will tell.

Last edited:

Debbie Bruce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I actually agree with your uncle that the credit card plan will likely be the last option that should be considered and I bet many other members feel the same way once they look at it closely. I have actually agreed with your uncle on a number of occasions as he does sometimes present some good ideas. I think your uncle just sometimes come across rather strongly, tends to take other members comments too personally, and uses language that really should not be used on a public forum which all combine to turn other members off.
Not many have to ask him to say what he really means.

Last edited by a moderator:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Not many have to ask him to say what he really means.

This is getting a bit off topic and I do not generally like discussing any individual member publicly however since this is not a secret and it has come up I would like to address it briefly so everyone understand how us moderators view this. From my perspective I do not believe saying what he really means is what causes the issues your uncle has had on this forum at all. This is a forum for discussion so we have many members who are very vocal about their opinions. What I see causing your uncle issues is how he expresses himself. The issues that get him into hot water with us moderators, and other members, are foul language and commentary that strays away from the topic and instead becomes personal with personal attacks and/or off topic commentary about other members.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh yes, I remember reading a few of your conversations. You are one of the less fortunate. Unlike my uncle I don't abuse the mentally handicapped. I'm new here, so when I get messages from different people and my response calls for the same answer I gave another, that is what they get. If this bothers you stay out of my conversations.

The title of this thread should be changed from Elio Gas Card Facts to Elio Gas Card Speculation.
No, it should be changed to what the hell is she talking about?

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a lot of speculation here, but no facts. No one has any idea how the program will work. You are assuming that the entire purchase price will be carried as a balance on the card. You are assuming interest rates, FICO scores, etc. Why don't we wait until there are some facts?

Chris F
Waiting for facts isn't recognized here. We HAVE to speculate/assume, guess/make up facts. It's what spices up/drives this place.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Moderator Comment: Please try and stay on topic and refrain from personal commentary about other members.
Why are you deleting my reply and leaving her insults. Buckeyejake told me this matter was settled was it a good idea to pick the scab off again?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Why are you deleting my reply and leaving her insults. Buckeyejake told me this matter was settled was it a good idea to pick the scab off again?

If you go back and read what was left and what was deleted you will notice that only posts with name calling or direct personal commentary that had nothing to do with the topic of conversation were removed and a few posts were edited to remove such references. These actions were taken as a result of several complaints from members about issues with this thread.

I don't really care who wrote what or who started what as we are adults here and should be able to hold conversations, mostly on topic, without having to resort to personal attacks.

Last edited:

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This could take shape under a plan similar to one offered by Wells Fargo Bank. The HVAC quit in my home last summer and my Carrier dealer made me a deal with WF a $6K credit card account at 0% interest for three years. We've been making payments right along, each of which raises our credit available limit. Of course you don't want to exercise that credit, because at the end of three years you'd find yourself owing a bunch of money at usurious interest rates. Apparently WF holds a lot of this kind of consumer paper. Now, if they'd buy into that gas card plan . . . .

emt1581

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only discovered the Elio in the past few days but I've been all over the net trying to learn about it.

Initially, the CC option seemed really appealing. However, I've got a top notch credit rating so I could do MUCH better than the actual cost that would yield. Plus I've NEVER carried a balance in my life (I pay my bills in full each month and just do it for the benefits of the card...a.k.a...free stuff). So to have a $6K+ balance every month...no thanks!

But as has been said many times, we have to see what the final plan/deal/offer looks like.

-Emt1581

Top Bottom