• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Buyer Financing Options Discussion

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think (yes, everyone has opinions) that once Elio can show that they have ##,### deposits on future production that the investment money will show up in short order. It's less of a bet knowing that the millions put up will, at the least, sell $99,436,400 worth of Elios in the first year ($6,800 X 14,623 pre orders). Yes, I know that won't cover the investment but it is a VERY good start. Yes, I know they don't make much per sale but it seems more likely that someone would take a chance on the company if there was a lot of interest in the product. Now, if Paul can just convince the right people that it will be profitable to invest in the company...

Most profit will be made in financing interest, replacement part sales, and point of sale option upgrades.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think (yes, everyone has opinions) that once Elio can show that they have ##,### deposits on future production that the investment money will show up in short order. It's less of a bet knowing that the millions put up will, at the least, sell $99,436,400 worth of Elios in the first year ($6,800 X 14,623 pre orders). Yes, I know that won't cover the investment but it is a VERY good start. Yes, I know they don't make much per sale but it seems more likely that someone would take a chance on the company if there was a lot of interest in the product. Now, if Paul can just convince the right people that it will be profitable to invest in the company...
Elio is not looking for investors..If they were they would be asking for investors, THEY ARE NOT..They are asking for orders to help secure financing.The money we have sent is a down payment..We do not own a percentage of the company, Elio has not IPO-ed or tried to .. If they tried go go public now and actually pulled it off their stock would hit the market well under a penny a share..Now I've made a living and retiring from the market this year.. Paul Elio has his money, also a factory in China plus several people who have already commited funds to Elio plus suppliers building parts as we wait.. N.. I've brought up the chance of this falling through many times and got nasty feed back.. It may fall through, however, Mr Elio and his Partners , most of whom are silent have been at this for over 6 years putting it all together.. The companies that have agreed to make the motors, tires, body parts etc are satisfied he has a real business plan..The factory will open, wether it stays open or goes under in the first few months is just like any other business depends on sales.. So far 15,000 people have reserved a unit with some kind of down payment.. They got my $2,000.00.. If it falls thru we may or may not get reimbursed..If it does fall through Paul Elio, His partners and companies who have designed and are building parts are going to lose a hell of a lot more than the piss-ass few bucks we have given them as a DOWN PAYMENT..My biggest complaint is THIS SITE NEEDS A SPELL CHECK OPTION..

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio is not looking for investors..If they were they would be asking for investors, THEY ARE NOT..They are asking for orders to help secure financing.The money we have sent is a down payment..We do not own a percentage of the company, Elio has not IPO-ed or tried to .. If they tried go go public now and actually pulled it off their stock would hit the market well under a penny a share..Now I've made a living and retiring from the market this year.. Paul Elio has his money, also a factory in China plus several people who have already commited funds to Elio plus suppliers building parts as we wait.. N.. I've brought up the chance of this falling through many times and got nasty feed back.. It may fall through, however, Mr Elio and his Partners , most of whom are silent have been at this for over 6 years putting it all together.. The companies that have agreed to make the motors, tires, body parts etc are satisfied he has a real business plan..The factory will open, wether it stays open or goes under in the first few months is just like any other business depends on sales.. So far 15,000 people have reserved a unit with some kind of down payment.. They got my $2,000.00.. If it falls thru we may or may not get reimbursed..If it does fall through Paul Elio, His partners and companies who have designed and are building parts are going to lose a hell of a lot more than the piss-ass few bucks we have given them as a DOWN PAYMENT..My biggest complaint is THIS SITE NEEDS A SPELL CHECK OPTION..
- well aware that we are making down payments and agree with you there. What I mean is that Elio is looking for a way to pay factory workers, parts suppliers, etc. Be that through a line of credit, a grant, investor, whatever. Our puny deposits aren't/weren't intended to fund the company but merely to prove that there is a market for the car and that once the factory is tooled up, sales will start immediately at a healthy level. They would probably be able to sell the first 14-15,000 in the first week if they could make them that fast! If they spit them out at 1 per 52 seconds like GM did at that very same plant, they'd be able to make 553 per 8 hour shift (let's assume one shift to start with and maybe only one shift if demand is low). They already have reservations for 26 days worth of production at that rate. 138,250 possible per year running one shift and taking 2 weeks off for plant maintenance... Anyway, back to what I meant to say - I didn't mean to say that they were looking for investors nor that I thought "we" were investors (though we have invested our deposits in the success of production). I just meant that they were still convincing the powers that be that they are really going to produce the cars.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
POST SCRIPT ... If you do not know how business works stop claiming to.. Here is a little lesson for those who think you do.. Elio does not purchase parts up front..Vendors and Suppliers deliver parts as needed with invoices due in a pre-arranged time..Just like gm , ford etc, ..trucks come and go daily delivering parts..If they make 500 units a week then materials to build 500 units will be delivered weekly ..just like walmart, do you think they pay up front for what they stock in their stores..no..most vendors get paid months after each delivery.. Business operates on credit..Some on tie-lines which means when a replacement for what is sold is delivered they get paid for the previous, that's how grocery and convient stores operate..

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
- well aware that we are making down payments and agree with you there. What I mean is that Elio is looking for a way to pay factory workers, parts suppliers, etc. Be that through a line of credit, a grant, investor, whatever. Our puny deposits aren't/weren't intended to fund the company but merely to prove that there is a market for the car and that once the factory is tooled up, sales will start immediately at a healthy level. They would probably be able to sell the first 14-15,000 in the first week if they could make them that fast! If they spit them out at 1 per 52 seconds like GM did at that very same plant, they'd be able to make 553 per 8 hour shift (let's assume one shift to start with and maybe only one shift if demand is low). They already have reservations for 26 days worth of production at that rate. 138,250 possible per year running one shift and taking 2 weeks off for plant maintenance... Anyway, back to what I meant to say - I didn't mean to say that they were looking for investors nor that I thought "we" were investors (though we have invested our deposits in the success of production). I just meant that they were still convincing the powers that be that they are really going to produce the cars.
I'm glad you got the jiff..Thanks for not sending an answer telling me how stupid I am..Dat der jounir high school i almost graduated from would feel like they did not learn me enuff

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
POST SCRIPT ... If you do not know how business works stop claiming to.. Here is a little lesson for those who think you do.. Elio does not purchase parts up front..Vendors and Suppliers deliver parts as needed with invoices due in a pre-arranged time..Just like gm , ford etc, ..trucks come and go daily delivering parts..If they make 500 units a week then materials to build 500 units will be delivered weekly ..just like walmart, do you think they pay up front for what they stock in their stores..no..most vendors get paid months after each delivery.. Business operates on credit..Some on tie-lines which means when a replacement for what is sold is delivered they get paid for the previous, that's how grocery and convient stores operate..
I DID say it was my opinion, right or wrong. I also know that before a vendor will tool up to produce a part, they have to know they will profit from it. A vendor would probably be quite leary if Elio had only managed to get 10 people to plop down $100 or more on a pre-order. The fact that there are 14,000+ people (and thus 14,000 fenders, hoods, engines, etc) makes it more likely that vendors will be willing to tool up. My undergraduate was in Industrial Engineering and my Masters was in Logistics. I don't have a financial degree or any experience in that field. I did actually work as an industrial engineer at the very plant that Elio is setting up at as well as Johnson Controls where my job was to balance the line and make sure JC could deliver 52 sets of truck seats an hour. I defer financial expertise to you, 3 Card.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Sorry, I couldn't help it. I'm probably the werst on the forum.:)

Last edited:

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
..My biggest complaint is THIS SITE NEEDS A SPELL CHECK OPTION..
Your computer, tablet or phone should be doing the spell checking, not the site. You may have it turned off because spell check works on my phone, tablet, home and work computers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom