• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Competition?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I currently own one vehicle......a 24 mpg crossover AWD because it provides the most flexibility to meet my individual family needs for commutes, in town errands, long distance travel, towing, and seasonal driving conditions. The Elio wouldn't work for me as an only vehicle............but as a fun second vehicle...........I can hardly wait. I look forward to the competition a successful Elio will bring to this class of vehicle. Specifically the Lit Motors C-1 EV, Arcimoto EV, and a future Elio EV. I would like one of each.

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The diesel Ford Fiesta gets about 72 mpg, but right now it is only available in Europe..... If that ever comes to the USA, I think Elio should counter it by offering a Diesel option as well... I'd guess it should be able to top 100 mpg if Elio were to do it, if the Fiesta can do 72 mpg....

Elio Motors has stated that after a few years of production, they were going to offer more different power train systems... Diesel, Propane, Natural Gas, Electric...and a hybrid Elio...

Just have to get things started up first.... before they make changes... Let's get the tires rolling before we change the rims....

But they do have plans to do just that... The Main thing about the Elio is it's.... OPTIONS... that is where EM's money is...

That and they are going to sell Millions of them... World Wide....

Proud to Be... an Elio owner #2225 MMCCXXV... 100010110001... see ya on the road..

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Motors has stated that after a few years of production, they were going to offer more different power train systems... Diesel, Propane, Natural Gas, Electric...and a hybrid Elio...

Just have to get things started up first.... before they make changes... Let's get the tires rolling before we change the rims....

But they do have plans to do just that... The Main thing about the Elio is it's.... OPTIONS... that is where EM's money is...

That and they are going to sell Millions of them... World Wide....

Proud to Be... an Elio owner #2225 MMCCXXV... 100010110001... see ya on the road..
Yes, "Proud to be." I've heard all of those things too, and while I can hardly wait to actually put my Elio in the garage this time next year, I am ALSO saving room for the Natural Gas version when it comes out.

Right now I am enjoying my Natural Gas Honda Civic, paying $1.30 a gallon for natural gas and getting 44 mpg; can you only imagine what money saved and the mileage obtained with a natural gas ELIO!

I'll have one when it comes out. But in the mean time, will continue to wait patiently for the "first addition" to hit the roads. :D

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not that many SUV's in the big scheme of auto sales. Most Americans, even if they wanted one, couldn't afford one.......let alone keep gas in it. Americans have more sense that that. Proof: Elio Reservationists and others looking for affordable alternatives.........like us.
View attachment 3492

Thanks Rick,
I just love it when fact outweighs fiction! :D

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, "Proud to be." I've heard all of those things too, and while I can hardly wait to actually put my Elio in the garage this time next year, I am ALSO saving room for the Natural Gas version when it comes out.

Right now I am enjoying my Natural Gas Honda Civic, paying $1.30 a gallon for natural gas and getting 44 mpg; can you only imagine what money saved and the mileage obtained with a natural gas ELIO!

I'll have one when it comes out. But in the mean time, will continue to wait patiently for the "first addition" to hit the roads. :D

Music Man,

Glad to hear it... I asked EM a long time ago if they were going to have some kind of option for Propane or Natural Gas on a Elio...

They replied... Not for the $6,800 price... I kind of guessed that... they did not say or would not say anything more...

I wanted one that was a hybrid of Gas and Propane... Propane in town and Gas on the road... or which ever is lowest cost to travel, in some part of the US, Propane is cheaper then Gas...

In the past with Propane, (1980's) you would only get about half the mpg as Gas... But with today's new tech... I'm told it is about the same mpg as Gas...

Do you have one of those home natural gas machines that changes the natural gas to a liquid so you can fill up your Honda Civic or do you just go to a station of some type to fill it??

At that price of $1.30 per gallon... you could go 672 mile for $10.40... that sure sounds great... Portland OR to Phoenix AZ for under $25..

I like the idea... we still have to wait and see... something new in the Elio Nation... love the idea... $1.30... wow... sign me up...

Proud to Be... an Elio owner #2225 MMCCXXV see ya on the road...

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IMG_0061.jpg

waiting ……...

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Music Man,

Glad to hear it... I asked EM a long time ago if they were going to have some kind of option for Propane or Natural Gas on a Elio...

They replied... Not for the $6,800 price... I kind of guessed that... they did not say or would not say anything more...

I wanted one that was a hybrid of Gas and Propane... Propane in town and Gas on the road... or which ever is lowest cost to travel, in some part of the US, Propane is cheaper then Gas...

In the past with Propane, (1980's) you would only get about half the mpg as Gas... But with today's new tech... I'm told it is about the same mpg as Gas...

Do you have one of those home natural gas machines that changes the natural gas to a liquid so you can fill up your Honda Civic or do you just go to a station of some type to fill it??

At that price of $1.30 per gallon... you could go 672 mile for $10.40... that sure sounds great... Portland OR to Phoenix AZ for under $25..

I like the idea... we still have to wait and see... something new in the Elio Nation... love the idea... $1.30... wow... sign me up...

Proud to Be... an Elio owner #2225 MMCCXXV see ya on the road...
Yes Sir, Proud to be, I do have a home compressor unit. Bought the larger one that "Fuel Maker" put out; it is only capable of compressing 1 gal. of natural gas an hour, but I never come home without connecting to it to keep the tank "topped," and since most of my trips around here are 100 miles or less, it doesn't take but about 2 & 1/2 hours to fill it up. When I was working, would hook it up when I got home in the evening and before the evening was gone, it had filled and turned itself off.

Compressor technology's as changed and the new compressors are about half the cost and they are now hydraulic. Still can only compress 1 gal. per hour, but without the piston and such, it hardly never breaks down.

Only problem with filling up at home, is that there is no way to check your mileage because there is not a meter on the unit. So about once or twice a month, I will fill it up at a near by Natural Gas Station ( they are popping up all over the place now) just so I can keep track of the mileage.

Cleanest burning fuel in the world right now, next to the Fuel Cells. . . . . . . But the infrastructure for refuel those will never happen in most people's life time.

Good luck!

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Goofy: WAKE UP and keep our "posts" on this board UP TO DATE! :rolleyes:

Some time it is hard enough to find something to say, that has not already been said, so PLEASE, do NOT slight us! :eek:

Need all the help we can get.

You owe me 2! :mad: :)

Top Bottom