• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Extreme Mod Idea

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If that is the case, it wouldn't be hard to transfer the images to magnets. Then you can create all kinds of scenes for the same model, people would be able to buy several, and dress up their car for the occasion that the are participating in.

*NEW COMPANY ALERT*

One problem with that...The Elio has SMC body panels (essentially a fiberglass reinforced molded plastic like Corvettes).

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ah, I'm sure there would be a way we could develop an adhesive that would stick to the plastic. Then when you want to attach it again, you just wash it with soap and water

I had a Calvin [and Hobbs] non-adhesive sticker on a Jeep Wrangler years back. Never fell off, and I believe it was a static charge that held it on. Maybe something like that would work for "temporary graphics" for various events.

Dragonz

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
That could work. I see great potential in that. We would just need to go through extensive product testing. If it could work on the plastics, as well as the various types of metals, would help bring product cost down.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm....From a company the produces the static cling stickers like the one I had. And come to think of it, it was on the inside of my back window, not outside. Might have to use whatever material wraps are made of to get any kind of durability.

"Static clings are easily removed since they do not have adhesive, but can lose their ability to cling over time and may need to be re-installed or even replaced. Static Clings are not recommended for vehicles and are not weather resistant."

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm....From a company the produces the static cling stickers like the one I had. And come to think of it, it was on the inside of my back window, not outside. Might have to use whatever material wraps are made of to get any kind of durability.

"Static clings are easily removed since they do not have adhesive, but can lose their ability to cling over time and may need to be re-installed or even replaced. Static Clings are not recommended for vehicles and are not weather resistant."
Look up "Fatheads" they have things like that

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
For those of you that are going with the P3 type fenders what wheels are you going to use and what size tires? I think the P5 wheels are 4 lug.
Until you know exact clearances, that's a near impossible question to answer.
So it's another "wait until you have it" question

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are so many ideas on how to customize our Elios but I think I'll wait until it's in my driveway! However Silas' pick-EM-up truck is what I really want! :D Even though the 3 amigos would lose their place in the back.:(

Top Bottom