• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio/iav Engine Dyno Testing

karl

Elio Addict
An email from Elio talked about an initial Dynamometer run End of January with a first start early Feb...

Kegger

Elio Aficionado
Even one of Elio's biggest nay-sayers is starting to come around now.
Elio Motors Shows Off its Engine, For Realsies

http://gas2.org/2015/01/15/elio-motors-shows-off-engine-realsies/

Oh geez....that title. I can't take someone seriously that says "For Realsies" in an article.

As for the dipping, I hope it's something good too. Toyota is currently replacing the frame of my truck due to the coating being too light and having premature rust. (Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled to death to get a new frame, with attached pieces on my nine year old truck.). I do worry about the frame though, I want it to last for a lonnnng time, and would find myself being tempted to have it professionally coated immediately after purchase with something lightweight and tough.

grampi

Elio Addict
Now there's a loaded question, but I'll refrain. I think they mean it will be dipped in paint, vs spayed, but I could be wrong. I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

I highly doubt the frame will be dipped in paint. Have you ever seen a part that was dipped in paint? It would be covered in drips and runs...it's probably going to be dipped in some sort of rust proofer...