• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Lighting (head, Tail, Brake, Signal, Fog, Auxiliary, Blinking,etc...)

Would you choose optional lighting on your Elio? (choose all that apply)

• Yes, I want a "third" or higher brake light.

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Yes, I want marker lights on the front wheels.

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • Yes, I want signal lights on the front wheels.

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • Yes, I want headlights, fog lights or similar on the front wheels.

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • No, I do not want any additional lighting.

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What do you think, RMClubfitter? Are certifiable? LOL :) Z
crazy1.jpg
:D
I removed all my personal data.:rolleyes:

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You really think a string of LED lights would make a difference, I don't. You ether like the Elio or you don't, but what is the big selling point is the 84mpg and the cost $6,800. not LED light. They are nice looking.
I ddon't know if a few LED's really WOULD make it more attractive to most people, but if it could be done for a few penniess per unit and it did add to mass appeal it would be worth the investment. I was just trying to say that, though you're right, those of us who are fans of the concept don't really need to be swayed by fancy little lights and such, but perception of the general public will determine how this vehicle is recieved by a large scale consumer base. If it is branded a nerds-only dork-mobile by public opinion then it won't matter that the true fans buy a few thousand of them 'cause there won't be future demand. If it is embraced as the edgy new wave of the future, then millions of units hit the streets and it becomes an icon of a new revolution in American transportation that will impact the world in many ways. If the tipping point was some cheap LED's that gave it the look of much more expensive cars and increased it's percieved value, it'd be worth it, that's all.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I ddon't know if a few LED's really WOULD make it more attractive to most people, but if it could be done for a few penniess per unit and it did add to mass appeal it would be worth the investment. I was just trying to say that, though you're right, those of us who are fans of the concept don't really need to be swayed by fancy little lights and such, but perception of the general public will determine how this vehicle is recieved by a large scale consumer base. If it is branded a nerds-only dork-mobile by public opinion then it won't matter that the true fans buy a few thousand of them 'cause there won't be future demand. If it is embraced as the edgy new wave of the future, then millions of units hit the streets and it becomes an icon of a new revolution in American transportation that will impact the world in many ways. If the tipping point was some cheap LED's that gave it the look of much more expensive cars and increased it's percieved value, it'd be worth it, that's all.
I will have you know I am not a nerd nor am I a dork. I also don't get that impression of many of the people in this forum. I may not agree with some of them but I enjoy the individuality represented here. We are going to take the world by storm with our Elios! "Just you wait, 'enry 'iggins, just you wait". LOL :-) Z

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Considering the design change to the headlights I think it would be a nice aftermarket option to have the original side mounted headlights as fog lamps. I really do miss the position of the headlights on the old design. Don't get me wrong, the latest design rocks. But this way I get the old and the new and an added measure of safety with having more lights. Good idea or just Crazy Aunt Jayne? Enquiring minds want to know.

Top Bottom