• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors @ New York Auto Show 2015

PJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they can bring a new Elio with eng to the show its of to the races. I think that's what's up there sleeve that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
4020? I'm 3898. You have the closest number to mine I've seen so far. Cool.

You must not have downloaded Reported Numbers.xls. :)
It has 14 numbers between you and Eddie. Also #3897, the number just before yours, and a gal from Las Cruces just 45 before you (newly added).

Past Fanatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be great if Elio showed off an entirely different prototype with the real Elio engine installed?
That would be GREAT, but 'unexpected'; since Elio Motor's stated policy, "
"As a company, we have chosen to bring you along for the ride as we develop and fine tune the vehicle for market. So, instead of hiding the prototypes and doing a single unveiling in 2015, we are showing you how the vehicle develops from idea through reality."

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
That would be GREAT, but 'unexpected'; since Elio Motor's stated policy, "
"As a company, we have chosen to bring you along for the ride as we develop and fine tune the vehicle for market. So, instead of hiding the prototypes and doing a single unveiling in 2015, we are showing you how the vehicle develops from idea through reality."

Where in that statement, from February 2014, does EM promise that we will get too see every step along the way before it happens? If you believe that is what it says you really need to take a step back and consider it further because you have missed the point.

The reality is that EM would actually be living up to that statement in a very big way if they were to show up to the auto show with a newly completed prototype because that would be the very definition of not "hiding the prototypes". That statement says that EM will not, as is normal in the auto industry, simply show up at an auto show with a completely developed and tested final vehicle ready to go on sale in just a few months. It also says EM with bring us along to show us how the vehicle develops and is fine tuned from idea to reality however it does not say anything about showing us every detail as they happen or before they happen.

The reality is that EM has been doing exactly what they promised to do in that statement with many of the weekly Tech Talk emails where they have detailed developments both technical and corporate. This may not be enough information for some people however it is exactly what EM promised they would do and they have been doing it.

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Where in that statement, from February 2014, does EM promise that we will get too see every step along the way before it happens? If you believe that is what it says you really need to take a step back and consider it further because you have missed the point.

a while back the term "an inconvenient truth" became popular and comes to mind .... EM could hang cameras all over the place, run then 27/7 like they do covering an Eagle's nest, and some folks would demand more .... those who distrust, dislike, don't believe reports from EM will believe what they choose to believe ... they will twist whatever they feel they need to test in an effort to support what they want to believe .... I still don't understand why they would want to have any dealings with a company that they feel about in that way .... nor do I understand taking on a mission in life to push their agenda on others

Top Bottom