• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors @ Sema 2014

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score

evboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
well guys, I walked around the sema convention tonight while everyone was setting up. it starts tomorrow at 9 am. They have some incredible looking cars there. I didnt see the elio outside tonight, but I did see the slingshot and that is a cool ass trike to see in person. anyway, i couldnt score a pass from anyone tonight, so I will try to sneak in over the next 3 days. I know the booth number and saw it on the map. It looks pretty close to the entrance, so It might not be that hard. Anyway, are there any serious questions you want me to ask at the booth that you need some clarification on. no questions like "how does it do in the snow". you guys know more about dynameters and all the other gear head questions that i dont know anything about. Post some questions you want answered and i will post back.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
well guys, I walked around the sema convention tonight while everyone was setting up. it starts tomorrow at 9 am. They have some incredible looking cars there. I didnt see the elio outside tonight, but I did see the slingshot and that is a cool ass trike to see in person. anyway, i couldnt score a pass from anyone tonight, so I will try to sneak in over the next 3 days. I know the booth number and saw it on the map. It looks pretty close to the entrance, so It might not be that hard. Anyway, are there any serious questions you want me to ask at the booth that you need some clarification on. no questions like "how does it do in the snow". you guys know more about dynameters and all the other gear head questions that i dont know anything about. Post some questions you want answered and i will post back.
filepicker%2FBWaUF6q6RvC70pGsDBBS_snake_under_box.jpg

evboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I am back from sema, and asked Jerome a few questions. I asked him how long would it be until the engine was tested, in the car, and have official mpg ratings to publish. He said around June. I asked him would that be in the p5 and he said there probably wont be a p5 and they will go straight to production. I asked him why they cant offer as many colors as possible, and what would the cost be to the company. He said they only have 7 bays and cant use more than that BUT he said they will probably swap out colors for a new color like yellow, or even purple, which is what I told him I wanted. My guess was they will have a promotion for a new color for a certain amount of time and then try another one, but they must get rid of one to add a different one. .... The best part was getting in the elio. It was pretty roomy for one person, but I wouldnt want to be in shotgun for a extended trip. btw, the big news wasnt that exciting. something about having sensors around the whole car and tracking your car. The guy said the complete option would be about 1500 but they might have just back up sensors as a cheaper option.

Top Bottom