• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio needs a new plant

Reaction score
Steve Burns just bought the assets, not the plant. So, he has the Lordstown tooling and equipment but not the actual plant itself. The plant is owned by Foxconn. So, Elio would need to do a lease with Foxconn. It might be a great deal as Foxconn makes iPhones. So this would be a better integration as opposed to the now defunct company Elio had for full integration with iPads. It's that Paul needs to talk to Foxconn and get this going. Have Burns move out that EV pickup stuff and move in the Elio EV machinery. Make that EV version which will fund the gas version. I just hope people are not turned off when Paul makes a deal with a Chinese company and people go sour on te deal and do not want a Chinese influenced Elio.
Thank you for the clarification and explanation of it all.

Interested

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Steve Burns just bought the assets, not the plant. So, he has the Lordstown tooling and equipment but not the actual plant itself. The plant is owned by Foxconn. So, Elio would need to do a lease with Foxconn. It might be a great deal as Foxconn makes iPhones. So this would be a better integration as opposed to the now defunct company Elio had for full integration with iPads. It's that Paul needs to talk to Foxconn and get this going. Have Burns move out that EV pickup stuff and move in the Elio EV machinery. Make that EV version which will fund the gas version. I just hope people are not turned off when Paul makes a deal with a Chinese company and people go sour on te deal and do not want a Chinese influenced Elio.
Who would trust Paul being a board member? He hasn't told Elio Motors shareholders anything for years (except for the few major shareholders that are on the board). Any board meetings have been secret. None for the public. In fact, the board itself should have voted Paul out years ago. Why haven't they done their jobs? I would find it acceptable for someone besides Paul to make the Elio and have Paul as just a consultant. He cannot be trusted to be on the board of any company.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What Paul Elio has done:

Paul graduated from General Motors Institute & the Engineering and Management Institute (now Kettering University) in Flint, MI, Magna Cum Laude with a degree in Mechanical Engineering.

With over 18 years of engineering and executive management experience, Mr. Elio has spent much of his time in the automotive space focused on technology development. Holding numerous patents related to mechanisms,

Mr. Elio began his career at Johnson Controls, the global diversified technology and industrial leader, and was a founding partner of ESG Engineering, the company that became known for quickly moving ideas from concept to reality. One of ESG’s key projects was the three-wheeled vehicle now known as the Elio.

In 2008, many industry changes were quickly happening, and since ESG Engineering’s business was based primarily on new product development the company struggled to survive. Upon realizing the vast potential of the Elio, Paul created Elio Motors and began the process of fighting the challenges associated with starting a new transportation company.

Adhering to four tenets throughout the development process ensured a high quality product:
a) ultra-low sticker price
b) ultra-high mileage
c) engineered to the highest safety standards
d) low risk=existing technology=no R&D

He's perfect. Everything I posted here is from his Linkedin Account. He makes $250K per year being the CEO of Elio Motors. So, he would not be paid that if he didn't know what he was doing. He's been the CEO of Elio Motors for over 15 years and the President and founder of ESG Engineering for over 27 years. That's quite a resume.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
He's selling cars that are wrecked and fixed back up. They are renewed, not used. Sort of like used and abused but what difference does that make. It's a big business as many people buy them as they are cheaper than cars not wrecked. I would suggest everyone go there and pick up one of those Elios because you know where they are. When this business takes off, it will fund the Elio-E.

I ask the admins to start a separate thread for the people that buy these renew vehicles. Because technically, they are Elio Owners. For example, he has renewed a 2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited for $8,999. That's more than a $7450 Elio but I think this will be fine until he starts cranking out the Elio. At least you will be an Elio Owner. I bet he would throw in a tall Starbucks too. So just email him a pelio1st@gmail.com He will get you the best deal possible. I also like that the principal address is the same as Elio Motors.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I ask the admins to start a separate thread for the people that buy these renew vehicles. Because technically, they are Elio Owners.

Sod the idiots on strike at the moment who haven't turned out a decent movie in the last 20 years, you need to be working in movies with your script writing abilities!

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sod the idiots on strike at the moment who haven't turned out a decent movie in the last 20 years, you need to be working in movies with your script writing abilities!
I'm passing around my script in Bollywood. Right now it's, "Elio: The Man and His Dreams" and "The Paul and the Elio". I got some bites from Ernie Fosselius as he's made many of the classics, like this one.

I like that he did this too as it shows how selling grade A Top Sirloin at seven cents a pound was a problem. Just like when Paul was to sell a brand new car for $6800 that was pretty much, grade A too. The car protective association was to send someone to go take care of business (if you get my drift). Just replace Mertz Motors with Elio Motors and you have a movie.

Top Bottom