• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Enthusiastic But... Fine Print

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suspect many have not read the fine print in said ""All- In"" contracts. I am $100 non refundable All In myself. I do have a question on proto-types. End of 2013, there was a statement that some 20 P-4 types were planned for a build in MI., in order to have more public exposure in their around the country shows. Most recent blog statement states they only have 2 units , the silver one with utility trailer fenders that we have seen many times in on line presentations in the past 2 years, and the orange P-4 the most recent version for their around the country shows. What happened to the 19 others? Also, study the planned service centers map just recently released . It calls for some 60 centers for the whole country. l recall statements that implied a deal was being worked out with a nation wide provider of service that would adequately serve the entire nation . Now this bothers me from the stand point of getting repair service within a reasonable travel distance. The nearest one as shown from my home is 300 miles round trip! Now I may have miss-interpreted some of these memos and if I have , please correct me. Believe me , I want an ELIO as bad as anyone out there but it seems that there is a tremendous amount of ground work remaining to be done and time is actually running out for the 2015 first qtr. start of production! God''s speed , ELIO !!

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't remember the exact numbers, but in a radio interview in January they stated that out of the approximately 9,000 reservations at the time less than 2,000 were $1,000 all in reservations. Which meant the remaining 7,000 could be deposits anywhere from $100 refundable up to $750 nonrefundable. No mater what calculator we use the consumer investment at this point is minimal compared to the funding they have received from the Parish in Shreveport, LA and the private investors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Parish seems to really want this company to take off so I think if Elio needs an more funding, they will get more of it from the local govt. Elio says that they will be providing 1500 jobs which is great. The reservation numbers seem strong so as long as they don't manufacture the cars too quickly, they shouldn't have too little a demand. I think more people will buy when there is a crash tested prototype in production and even more when there is a physical store opening somewhere like the Tesla store

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suspect many have not read the fine print in said ""All- In"" contracts. I am $100 non refundable All In myself. I do have a question on proto-types. End of 2013, there was a statement that some 20 P-4 types were planned for a build in MI., in order to have more public exposure in their around the country shows. Most recent blog statement states they only have 2 units , the silver one with utility trailer fenders that we have seen many times in on line presentations in the past 2 years, and the orange P-4 the most recent version for their around the country shows. What happened to the 19 others? Also, study the planned service centers map just recently released . It calls for some 60 centers for the whole country. l recall statements that implied a deal was being worked out with a nation wide provider of service that would adequately serve the entire nation . Now this bothers me from the stand point of getting repair service within a reasonable travel distance. The nearest one as shown from my home is 300 miles round trip! Now I may have miss-interpreted some of these memos and if I have , please correct me. Believe me , I want an ELIO as bad as anyone out there but it seems that there is a tremendous amount of ground work remaining to be done and time is actually running out for the 2015 first qtr. start of production! God''s speed , ELIO !!

I think what you are looking at is a show room. They are not service centers. I think someone here posted the service centers may be places like Pet Boys or some other national service chain with locations that would cover most of each state.

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score

From reading their plan, I think the centers will be a showroom, not a service center. I think they will use a chain auto repair place like NTB or Goodyear for their warranty things. I think they may only have 1 store right away, close to the factory for taking delivery. I think the 60 stores will be in the long run over the next several years as long as they get off the ground

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Put them in front of walmart. The Volkswagon for the people. Walmart could train people to service them but I doubt that much service will be needed. Yea, I know. not gonna take my Elio Dreamcycle to walmart. But really price wise walmart is the right place to sell them. Sears used to sell the Allstate AKA Henry J

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzsFAnNHYIUhy87k5fbiXJyuA4xsyxrRPDz3tAucK0lxP5YjtZbw.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSci3FD_6nhHzrQ_zsI6ndNgAGy3QoDo7LWkmT4w4QXn2WznNbIrMnRGmq3.jpg

Last edited:

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Also, study the planned service centers map just recently released . It calls for some 60 centers for the whole country. l recall statements that implied a deal was being worked out with a nation wide provider of service that would adequately serve the entire nation . Now this bothers me from the stand point of getting repair service within a reasonable travel distance. The nearest one as shown from my home is 300 miles round trip! Now I may have miss-interpreted some of these memos and if I have , please correct me.

The sixty locations that they have mapped out will be sales location. No service work will be performed at these locations. They will partner with current nation auto repair service companies to provide service for the vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R80RTWoody

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
If you are very concerned, only put in $100. I'm excited for the company but since the production start date got pushed back to 2015 from summer of 2014, I'm a little nervous. It's only $100 bucks. That's what I did. /there is no guarantee the car will get made but since they have the facility, I'm fairly confident that they will be producing the car, even if they do it at a very slow rate

I look at the "All In" class of customers as -- if Elio Motors succeeds, you are in line to get a "vehicle" the priority based on your level of "All In" (I'm a $100.). If the company doesn't get off the ground or fullfill it's production obligations, some or all of the "All Ins" will forefit their deposit, and this might be after some of the higher "All Ins" received "vehicles".
Non "All In" deposits appear to be in an escrow account but they contribute to the total production number commitment and if production fails to happen, their deposit is refundable.
To me it appears that Elio Motors has a lot of remaining unknowns. The "vehicle" may not get 84mpg (or it may get more!), may cost more than $6800. to produce, may be a tweeked P4 or not look like P4, may not be in significant production in "15", and as for crash test results, who knows! In any case, so far there are over 10,000 hopfulls (or betting) that they will susceed and that Elio Motors has the "right idea"! This summs up my understanding as too where I stand as an "All In".

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I look at the "All In" class of customers as -- if Elio Motors succeeds, you are in line to get a "vehicle" the priority based on your level of "All In" (I'm a $100.). If the company doesn't get off the ground or fullfill it's production obligations, some or all of the "All Ins" will forefit their deposit, and this might be after some of the higher "All Ins" received "vehicles".
Non "All In" deposits appear to be in an escrow account but they contribute to the total production number commitment and if production fails to happen, their deposit is refundable.
To me it appears that Elio Motors has a lot of remaining unknowns. The "vehicle" may not get 84mpg (or it may get more!), may cost more than $6800. to produce, may be a tweeked P4 or not look like P4, may not be in significant production in "15", and as for crash test results, who knows! In any case, so far there are over 10,000 hopfulls (or betting) that they will susceed and that Elio Motors has the "right idea"! This summs up my understanding as too where I stand as an "All In".

Right now it's a gamble because Elio has made a lot of promises with no real world miles. As far as I know, the p4 is not even the final model of the car. I'm betting they will succeed but their long term viability is still foggy. But I put my $100 down because I want them to succeed

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At some point they need to stop the early reservations and issue production numbers to the all in group. This would include those who only went "all-in" for $100.00. End the reservations on the 31st of December 2014 and issue all the numbers. What odes everyone else think about this? Enquiring minds want to know.

Top Bottom