• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Feedback Request

Navigator

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a question for those of you who are all in. What factors led you to make the decision to go all in, or was it simply a "leap" of faith?

Last edited:

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I decided to go all in because:
1. I can get a brand new car for $6800 with putting down the majority on the down payment
2. Brand new car means 6-8 years before needed major work
3. 84 mpg is double what most other cars get
4. A car truly made in America
5. It's unique, not a plain jane Corolla
6. In my mind, the next best thing to a Tesla

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
1) I'm all in at $100 now and $1000 in 2 weeks due to a $1000 bonus I wasn't expecting. If it doesn't pan out, I'm no worse off than I was. The $500 bonus for being all-in covers the delivery fee.
2) If it does pan out it's $5k cheaper (budgeting for Elio + fees & options @ $10k) than the Ford Fiesta that I was planning on purchasing next year before I heard about the Elio.
3) I've been telling friends and family for years that normal cars are a waste of resources and all I really want is an enclosed motorcycle.
4) I'm already paying over $1k a year in car repairs and only getting 17-21 mpg.
5) I love the design of the P4.

Autoxdriver

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I drive almost 30K miles a year, obviously mostly highway miles. I'll save over $2500 a year in gas alone, not to mention the reduction in repair bills from my current '98 and '97 model vehicles. That coupled with the fact that it is a design and look that I can live with. There is no new technology, it's just common sense ingenuity so I really think it will be built unless powerful forces prevent it. I also think it would be fantastic for our country/economy. There are just so many reasons to make this investment.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is a question for those of you who are all in. What factors led you to make the decision to go all in, or was it simply a "leap" of faith?
Yes. I would say the Big 4 are important but without that leap of faith and my willingness to take it I would not be here. I need the price and the mpg but I want a car that is safe and fun to drive. I also love the concept and the looks. My son introduced me to the Elio on a Saturday in January. By the time we talked the next Saturday I knew more about the Elio than he did. I was and am totally hooked on the Elio. I love my Elio! It looks different, is different and yet is familiar. How can you beat that! :-) Z

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok lemme think..
  1. 84 MPG
  2. 5 star crash rating
  3. $6800.00
  4. American designed, American assembled from 90% American parts
  5. Unique styling
  6. Low cost to insure and maintain
  7. Should drive with lighter snowfall and hopefully more (hopefully on par with my 08 Sentra)
Ray

Top Bottom