• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Financing Elio Motors Development And Production

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Texas Elio - where does it say they spent 60M?

And in all reality, the govt/politicians have given lots of money to bad ideas/businesses/operations....
That statement implies general failure by the government to invest smartly in the DOE renewable energy projects. The fact is that 9 of the 10 highest funded companies are doing well. Solyndra's was the failed $535 Million loan, a large chunk of money, but a tiny amount of the total $38.6 BILLION renewables program budget.

The DOE renewables program is a successful program with very few failures. I hope the future will document that Elio Motor's ATVM loan application was approved and helped to jumpstart the production of 40,000 + pre-order Elio's and secured Elio Motor's future success.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"We all know the government doesn't like to waste or money" Ha, tell that to called scientists who received a $10M grant to study the mating habits of fruit flys or the $100M they are spending to limit the methane "fart" gas cows produce. I know politicians that expel more methane out of their mouths they any cow can.
That was sarcasm to the max! However, the DOE's renewable energy loan program is a proven success.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"We all know the government doesn't like to waste or money" Ha, tell that to called scientists who received a $10M grant to study the mating habits of fruit flys or the $100M they are spending to limit the methane "fart" gas cows produce. I know politicians that expel more methane out of their mouths they any cow can.
The Elio is such an energy efficient vehicle that it reduces the effect of cow flatulance. As I recall Paul Elio made mention of that some time ago. Heck, that's reason enough to approve the loan. Also as wasteful as your examples sound..........I wonder if the study results actually had some positive effect on our environment with some major economic gain we are unaware of.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ah, but without change, regardless of how grudging, nothing is achieved.
Actually that was the "Man Prayer". Lodge motto: "Quando omni flunkus moritati" (Pseudo-Latin for "When all else fails, play dead"). Well, until the whole funding thing gets sorted out, Keep you stick on the ice, remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together!

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's not that I'm Polly Anna (or Apollo Andrew, I'm not quite sure of the male equivilant) or being mindlessly positive, it's just a much better avenue to pursue, don't you think? What in the Sam Hill is the use of all the negativity anyway? We have our money in and not only do we want our car, we want to enjoy the trip to it!!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That statement implies general failure by the government to invest smartly in the DOE renewable energy projects. The fact is that 9 of the 10 highest funded companies are doing well.

just curious, no sinister hidden agenda --- can anyone proved an independent site where one can see a listing of the projects funded and info about how they are doing

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
just curious, no sinister hidden agenda --- can anyone proved an independent site where one can see a listing of the projects funded and info about how they are doing
I was curious about that too, and gleaned info while seaching various news sites. If I can find them back I'll post a link or two.

Top Bottom