• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday's The Big Day ... Or Is It?

How long will the engine run during the official "first start" ceremony?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score

cortsdad2

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Back on track the Engine the heart beat of the ELIO the missing link in the over all project. Feb 6th no show. Excuse are meaning less still a no show.
Just another missed goal. But an important one in ELIO's creditability . ELIO needs to get the Engine on stage for the world to see running on a dyno live and showing the numbers. I know you can make a dyno say what ever you want. But ELIO needs to get the on stage.
If there is a problem with it say so then fix it. But get it out there.
I just wish they hadn't made such a big deal about February 6th... A big surprise when they had it all together would have been so much better! They shot themselves in the foot... maybe both feet!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would rather see the engine running and powering a production prototype, more so than just the engine running on a stage. I believe IAV has built and tested the engine. The only thing missing is funding.

If EM does in fact own the 84 mpg engine outright, everybody with a $1K non-refundable reservation # should at least qualify for a token engine in 2016 and the rest of us a token gas cap.LOL

I'm hoping for funding news soon with a fully assembled Elio to follow in 2016. No reason it can't happen, but the window of extended opportunity is closing slowly.

Top Bottom