• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Front Seat Belt

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looking at some of the online pics of the P5 interior, I noticed an attachment/adjustment point on the RIGHT pillar @ the seat-back location. Hopefully, that is where the production attachment point will be located for the driver's seat belt. If not, it shouldn't be that difficult to move - as long as the right-hand attachment point is still there.

Attachments

• elio-motors-p5-debut-45.jpg
    elio-motors-p5-debut-45.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 221

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Having it on the right would take some getting used to, but I think it would make the most sense. I don't plan on carrying passengers around a lot. It would just make back seat storage easier for the small cargo items I usually toss on the passenger set: Lunchbox, paperwork, laptop case, etc. I wonder how difficult it would be to get used to using the trunk to hold that kind of stuff.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Having owned a car where you had to lower the front seats to allow the rear passengers to exit, I can say that this not only makes sense, it makes a LOT of sense. This means there won't be a strap that the passenger has to climb under or hold back in order to exit. Think of it not only from a convenience factor, but a safety issue if the passenger needs to exit quickly.

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just looked at the picture, and it looks too high to be a mount point for a seatbelt. Looks higher than the one on the "drivers" side. When I enlarged it on my 7" tablet it looked like a map light for the passenger.:wacko:

(OK..we need a "squinty eyed" emoji)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
In LA they told me the current plan is still to put the seatbelt on the right however they are working on various left side mounting solutions as well due to a potential conflict with government safety regulations. Just more evidence that the P5 is serving double duty as a show car and engineering test vehicle.

Top Bottom