• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Guns And Stuff Related.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought the "job" was obvious when I said that Amazed's rifle would be the Elio of deer rifles. The Elio would not be the best choice for a couple on a 2 week vacation, or for a trip to Costco, or for drag racing. It will be great for short trips (closer ranges) and small loads (whitetails at reasonable ranges).If deer hunting to you means shooting at a running mule deer buck at 400 yards the 7.62/39 would be a poor choice. I don't shoot at anything other than coyotes much past 200 yards.The 7.62x39 has almost the same energy as a .30/30 at 100yds or so and more past that range. It starts out with less but the sharp pointed bullet retains velocity better. Amazed will be able to place his shot much more accurately than with an open sighted .30/30. Therefore I think it is as good a deer rifle as the .30/30, which was long considered the standard. I think that many American hunters are burdened with rifles that kick too hard, make too much noise and cost too much to shoot. As a result they don't shoot well because they don't practice. I hunt in Nebraska and South Dakota and I shot my first 3 deer with 4 shots with a .223.

And that put it into context. I hunt in Texas Hill Country. Real close to the old YO Ranch so I have lots of exotics on my ranch. One of my friends took a nice Aoudad Ram with my 1895G 45-70. It just stood there looking at him 'till he hit it with a second shot. Then it just walked away and hid in a cedar break 'till we found him and pulled him out.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A friend of mine bought a laser site for one of his pistols that was built into the handle (grip). Worked great, and didn't interfere with the holster. I'll have to ask him where he got it.
They're really great and it has an "instant on" switch. There's nothing like knowing where you slug's gonna hit! With that in mind:
mag44.jpg

GO AHEAD, MAKE MY DAY! :D

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thought I'd throw some pics of my other pistols.

It's a Walther P38. Also have the original German Police holster. I believe it's circa '48.

walther p38.jpg

Next we have my taget pistol. It's a Browning Buckmark .22 cal. Mine also has a Red Dot sight. VERY accurate shooter.

browning buckmark.jpg

She's a little Derringer .38 cal. Fits in the pocket nicely!

Derringer 38.jpg

And my Dad's service revolver (Denver Police).

Colt 38 special service revolver..jpg

...So with the Remmington Model 51 posted earlier in the thread, that pretty much covers the pistols in my small collection. Oh...I do have a black powder dueling pistol, but it's for display only.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You guys would probably laugh at my favorite rifle. It's a Sino-Soviet SKS (Russian made, then sold to the Chinese). The stock is a beat up piece of crap and the bluing is in horrendous condition, and it absolutely oozes with history and cosmoline (it's so hard to get that stuff out of the wood when it's been soaking there for fifty years).

Despite all that, the bore is shiny and it's a decent shooter. The only modification I've made is replacing the bayonet with a bipod that mounts to the lug. (Which is really the only modification I CAN make, unless I get enough parts for 922r compliance).

1zn0j6t.jpg

msmith5150

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I have:

Numbers matching 1932 hex receiver Mosin Nagant 7.62x54r rifle
Winchester model 67 .22 caliber bolt action rifle (these were not serialized, but research tells me this one should have been made prior to January 8th, 1938)
Uberti Cattleman Hombre .45 long Colt revolver (1873 Colt clone)
Canik 55 TP-9 striker fire semi-auto 9mm pistol
Taurus PT-709 9mm pistol

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I have:

Numbers matching 1932 hex receiver Mosin Nagant 7.62x54r rifle
Winchester model 67 .22 caliber bolt action rifle (these were not serialized, but research tells me this one should have been made prior to January 8th, 1938)
Uberti Cattleman Hombre .45 long Colt revolver (1873 Colt clone)
Canik 55 TP-9 striker fire semi-auto 9mm pistol
Taurus PT-709 9mm pistol

How do you feel about your Canik? I've heard mostly good things about them, but haven't handled one myself.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You guys would probably laugh at my favorite rifle. It's a Sino-Soviet SKS (Russian made, then sold to the Chinese). The stock is a beat up piece of crap and the bluing is in horrendous condition, and it absolutely oozes with history and cosmoline (it's so hard to get that stuff out of the wood when it's been soaking there for fifty years).

Despite all that, the bore is shiny and it's a decent shooter. The only modification I've made is replacing the bayonet with a bipod that mounts to the lug. (Which is really the only modification I CAN make, unless I get enough parts for 922r compliance).

1zn0j6t.jpg

Its Chinese made under Russian supervision. Russia didn't make SKS rifles that long they shipped over the machinery to make them in china as communist aid. The bore is chrome lined.

Last edited:
Top Bottom