• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Guns And Stuff Related.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This morning I picked this up brand new for $209 plus tax and $5 for the background check...

rugerlcp.jpg

Last edited:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This morning I picked this up brand new for $209 plus tax and $5 for the background check...

View attachment 10404
Looks a lot like my Kel-Tec PF9. I recently purchased a Star (Spanish) 9mm. Styled like a 1911A1 but in 9mm, beautiful, in great condition and in the original box with the original manual (all in Spanish). I'd send a photo but I am currently on the road in my RV and am outside Mt Rushmore. Will be heading back toLas Cruces tomorrow.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I haven't been to the range since April 2014 (I remember it well because it was 2 months before my daughter was born).

Today I shot my Ruger MkIII, XDs 45, SA 1911 Loaded Black and Stainless, Glock 20 (first time I shot it since I bought it almost 2 years ago), and my dad's AK47.

Since the range nazis at my dad's gun club do not allow people to shoot at the 25y handgun range without going through their class, we had to shoot at the 50y rifle range, and couldn't shoot any closer than 25y. Let's just say I was shooting low and consistently hit the lower post for the target with my 45s, so I messed that up pretty well. Oh well, their rules made things worse since they'll have to continue to replace busted up targets. The other fun part was, the targets are setup high. So the bullseye is right about 6' high. If we went to the 100y range, we could put it anywhere between 2'-4' high. This makes for great lulz when trying to practice shooting since your normal aim is going to be off.

Anyway, I was surprise at how controllable the G20 Gen 4 is. I now want to carry my G20 instead of my XD45.

I also helped my dad zero in his AK with iron sites, which was a lot of fun and he is happy it is now zeroed.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I haven't been to the range since April 2014 (I remember it well because it was 2 months before my daughter was born).

Today I shot my Ruger MkIII, XDs 45, SA 1911 Loaded Black and Stainless, Glock 20 (first time I shot it since I bought it almost 2 years ago), and my dad's AK47.

Since the range nazis at my dad's gun club do not allow people to shoot at the 25y handgun range without going through their class, we had to shoot at the 50y rifle range, and couldn't shoot any closer than 25y. Let's just say I was shooting low and consistently hit the lower post for the target with my 45s, so I messed that up pretty well. Oh well, their rules made things worse since they'll have to continue to replace busted up targets. The other fun part was, the targets are setup high. So the bullseye is right about 6' high. If we went to the 100y range, we could put it anywhere between 2'-4' high. This makes for great lulz when trying to practice shooting since your normal aim is going to be off.

Anyway, I was surprise at how controllable the G20 Gen 4 is. I now want to carry my G20 instead of my XD45.

I also helped my dad zero in his AK with iron sites, which was a lot of fun and he is happy it is now zeroed.
I have been the project manager for developing a Vietnam Memorial in LasCurces, NM for the last fifteen months (Google "Huey 15285") and like you have not been to the range since nov 2014. I have four new guns that I have not fired yet. Currently on a road trip in my RV so I hope to get to the range in early July - S&W 5306 9mm, Star 9mm, FMC 9mm, Rossi Model 1894 lever action 44 mag. Also have a XD 9mm that I absolutely love.

ajetmech

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cabela's. Actually now that I look at your picture closer and see "LCP", That is not what I bought, what I got was the 9mm version of the same basic model, the LC9s. I looked at the LCP, but decided to go with the 9mm version, since I have another 9mm. I can use same ammo for both.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cabela's. Actually now that I look at your picture closer and see "LCP", That is not what I bought, what I got was the 9mm version of the same basic model, the LC9s. I looked at the LCP, but decided to go with the 9mm version, since I have another 9mm. I can use same ammo for both.
Yup, it's a 6+1 .380 LCP.

rugerlcp.jpg

Overall Height 3.80 inches
Overall Length 5.16 inches
Overall Width 0.82 inches
Weight Unloaded 9.75 ounces

It's so tiny that I could almost hide it in my belly-button.
A true pocket gun. Although Ruger makes a "grip extension" 7-shot mag.
And Pro Mag makes 6, 10 and 15 rounders for it.
I plan to put a Techna Clip on it.

Like the LC9 (no s), it's hammer-fired (rough trigger).
I was lucky to have stumbled onto this small cache. Everone else is sold out.
I think the reason Ruger's blowing the LCPs out at these prices...
Is that they're going to come out with a striker-fired LCP.

Every once in a while I go off on a jogging and/or bicycling tangent.
Double stacks and even single 9s don't conceal well under sports attire in July.
I have a couple of 9s and some 33-rounders for fun and home defense.

We have a disproportionate share of crime.
Due to a large welfare and crack-head population.

Sad but true.

Last edited:

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks a lot like my Kel-Tec PF9. I recently purchased a Star (Spanish) 9mm. Styled like a 1911A1 but in 9mm, beautiful, in great condition and in the original box with the original manual (all in Spanish). I'd send a photo but I am currently on the road in my RV and am outside Mt Rushmore. Will be heading back toLas Cruces tomorrow.

I'd love you hear your range report on the Spanish Star when you get around to it :D I've been wanting to pick up one of those ever since I saw them come onto the market about a year ago. I'm still carrying my Tokarev since it's so darn comfortable for conceal-carry, and the Star is practically the same format but with more common ammunition.

I can't afford to buy guns very often, so I need to live vicariously through you guys :p

Top Bottom