• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hobbies Of Elio Owners

RickD

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm a big outdoors person, as I did Scouting for 12 years growing up. I do a lot: canoeing, backpacking, camping, whitewater rafting, and rock climbing. I get to have amazing experiences, like having lunch at 12,000 feet above sea level. This was my view after backpacking 11 days
MePtK91.jpg
Wow! That is beautiful! Where is this at?

am_fm_radio

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I started my hobby as a boyscout with the radio merit badge phamplet. It showed how to build a 1 tube radio. Well i built one in an empty cigar box i got from the local drug store. I bugged for parts at a local TV store and traded floor sweeping for "the magic" that makes radio. At 15 I obtained a federal ham radio license and built my own transmitter and "upgraded" my receiver to a WWII surplus BC348Q out of a bomber. At 16 I was repairing TV's. AT 20 I was the youngest Field Engineer a Major Xray company ever hired. Next month I will of been a ham radio operator for only 49 years. Owned my first computer in 1977. My hobby has taken me places I would of never been except for this facination of electronics, science, physics and now computers. Kind of marched to a different drummer. I also drive a russian side car motorcycle and experiment with new technologies. My ham station is solar powered, has been for 8+ years.
So since I can't afford an ultra light airplane, ELIO will allow me to fly below tree tops. Reminds me of a piper cub seating. Finally, I also have a 25 acre cattle ranch just outside of Wichita to play on if I can ever retire.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My hobbies are:
- Computers
- Geocaching
- Weight Lifting
- Bicycle Trail Riding

Will be quite disappointed if I can't figure out a way to haul my bike to the nearby trail head.
BaldGuy, I know there have been posts on the forum and perhaps even a thread on roof racks, etc. I remember one particular posting that displayed photos and links to perhaps 15 different options that might work on the Elio. One consisted of unique suction cup mounts that looked very interesting and very promising. They would work perfectly on the Elio. Maybe someone will repost it or provide the link.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm a musician. Have been for 40 years. I play drums, which by the way will not fit in an Elio. Had a record contract in Nashville back in the early 90's. Two songs went to #7 and #10 on the charts. Have not played for a few years, getting too old.
Definitely not too old. If you loved the music but don't feel up to playing drums, find something else you can enjoy. You are only as old as you think you are so don't give up now. If I asked you for a date I would be accused of robbing the cradle. :p :rolleyes: :) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I started my hobby as a boyscout with the radio merit badge phamplet. It showed how to build a 1 tube radio. Well i built one in an empty cigar box i got from the local drug store. I bugged for parts at a local TV store and traded floor sweeping for "the magic" that makes radio. At 15 I obtained a federal ham radio license and built my own transmitter and "upgraded" my receiver to a WWII surplus BC348Q out of a bomber. At 16 I was repairing TV's. AT 20 I was the youngest Field Engineer a Major Xray company ever hired. Next month I will of been a ham radio operator for only 49 years. Owned my first computer in 1977. My hobby has taken me places I would of never been except for this facination of electronics, science, physics and now computers. Kind of marched to a different drummer. I also drive a russian side car motorcycle and experiment with new technologies. My ham station is solar powered, has been for 8+ years.
So since I can't afford an ultra light airplane, ELIO will allow me to fly below tree tops. Reminds me of a piper cub seating. Finally, I also have a 25 acre cattle ranch just outside of Wichita to play on if I can ever retire.
That is amazing. If you are like me, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. :p :rolleyes: :) Z

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Definitely not too old. If you loved the music but don't feel up to playing drums, find something else you can enjoy. You are only as old as you think you are so don't give up now. If I asked you for a date I would be accused of robbing the cradle. :p :rolleyes: :) Z
LOL. Now Z, don't be stealing him off the swingset!:p:D

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm a musician. Have been for 40 years. I play drums, which by the way will not fit in an Elio. Had a record contract in Nashville back in the early 90's. Two songs went to #7 and #10 on the charts. Have not played for a few years, getting too old.
Hey Rick. Thought you might get a kick out of this as a drummer, as some of our Military members would as well::).

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
NICE! I had a couple of Peach's crates full until I went in the Navy, and my little bother (no...I didn't misspell brother ;)) sold them all.
NSTG8R, know the feeling, left a bunch of albums at my Parents house. Found out one of my nephews was selling them on eBay. I made a quick trip home and got what was left of all my albums.

Top Bottom